Saturday, June 14, 2014

Honoring Fathers




This handsome fellow is my Daddy, taken at about 18.  He was the greatest.  He was a gentle, compassionate soul who could cry at a touching scene in "Bonanza" on a Saturday night.  He loved his family, and he loved my Mother until the day he died.  So today, I'd like to honor all the fathers who make sacrifices every day for their families, whether working at the jobs or serving their country at war.  And then a big "hats off" to those wonderful grandpas! 
Have all of you found the Pinterest website yet?  It has an incredible array of ideas, pictures, and other items of interest.  The first link I have for you today is the Pinterest search for Fathers' Day Gifts.  If you click on this link, you will find some great ideas for you last minute shoppers.  Let's say you want to find a cute quote to include in your Facebook post.  Pinterest Quotes includes some very thoughtful ones.  In the top left corner, you can do a search for any number of topics, so give it a try!
 
After my fiasco with the peach preserves, my friend Sharon suggested that I just make Freezer Jam, as it saves a lot of time.  So this recipe was much more successful and I used Ball Real Fruit Pectin, which actually had a recipe inside for easy jam.  Thanks, Sharon!  No more cooking jam for me!!
 
Remember to put out your flags today for Flag Day.  Click on the link to discover why we observe this day.
 
Delmar Diekhoff, DOD 9/30/2001
Happy Fathers Day, Daddy!
 

2 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Tell us about your Dad!

Anonymous said...

This brings back memories of my father. He taught me how to hunt and fish and to enjoy nature. I learned to work hard to achieve the important things in life.

Jerry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...