Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's a Tuesday

Now's your chance!  The moment you have been waiting for!  AARP is sponsoring a "Boomer Superstar Contest" which is apparently your chance to cash in as the latest singing sensation.  Boomers are officially between 1946 and 1964.  I admit I had to chuckle a little at this, but why not??? 
 
If you don't yet subscribe to the AARP magazine, then you haven't yet received your letter and invitation to join the 50+ club.  Some interesting information, but always take the articles with a bit of skepticism.  Never hurts to look at a second opinion. 
 
How about those awards on Sunday for the Theater Folks.  I love live theater.  My daughters and I have season tickets to The Majestic Theater in San Antonio this season and the next one that starts in November.  We get to see Sister Act, the Musical the end of this month.  The theater is very old and the acoustics are wonderful.  The inside of the theater is really grand, and it is situated right near the River Walk in San Antonio.  That means a huge selection of places to dine before the theater and many hotels in which to spend the night. 
 
On June 20th my husband and I are going to The Fredericksburg Theater to see the musical Les Mis (abbreviated).  We are anxious to see how they are going to be working this out in our small theater, but I'm sure it will be well done as usual.  We have seen the movie.
 
Hope you are having a wonderful week!



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Linda, I'm trying! That print to prove I'm a robot is too small!
faith

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...