Thursday, June 19, 2014

Things That Make Us Smile

 Today let's share all sorts of things that make us smile.  This little puppy to the left is my dog Polly.  Polly is now a year old, and this is the face I see at 6:30 every morning when I let the dogs out in the back yard.  Even though I might grumble to be getting up that early when an extra hour of sleep would feel so good, that face makes me smile.


A couple of weeks ago I decided to paint my very black wrought iron chairs and table a bright turquoise blue (paint from Wal-Mart) to add some color to my yard.  These sit in the corner of my gazebo with the caladiums and coleus.  This left the major table and chairs in the patio set still black and gray.  Couldn't have that!  So I checked at Lowe's and only found some chair pads in colors that had no design equality with my new tea table set.  So my friend Virginia and I were on to the Home Town Crafts in Kerrville to see what we could find in material to make my own chair covers.  Many hours later, with the fabric and the foam rubber for the cushions, my project is complete. And it makes me smile! (Maybe not so much in the process!)

Do - it - yourself projects can bring you lots of pleasure, not because you saved any money, but because you found a way to bring joy into your life!

Check out this website for Laughter is the Best Medicine to find out more of the benefits of laughing and smiling.  And be sure to share with all of us what makes you smile.

And finally from Pinterest, Pictures that make you smile.  Have a really special day! :-)
 

11 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Remember to type the number from the picture into the box below to verify your post, sign in with your account or as anonymous, then "publish". You should get a message back. I will get an email to okay the post (just so someone doesn't write something obnoxious), and you should then be able to check back and see your post.

Tabor said...

Thanks for the visit and I like how a bold color can change the whole mood of a corner.

Linda Kay said...

Absolutely! Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

Flowers and color in your backyard always bring a smile!

Love

Jerry

Cynthia said...

Polly has a very sweet face to wake up to! I love the color you painted your chairs and the bright colors for your cushions. And I am envying the size of your coleus plants!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Linda Kay said...

Fun to visit each other and promote the blogs! The coleus and caladiums are in partial shade and seem to love the Texas heat. Thanks for visiting!

joeh said...

That puppies face is cute indeed, but would be a lot cuter at 7:30.

Linda Kay said...

Joeh, I agree, but being an Illinois farm girl I used to have to do chores before getting on the bus by 7:30! Thanks for checking in.

Gail said...

That canine face would make me smile too.

Great job on the chairs and table.

Linda Kay said...

Thanks,Gail... It was really simple, so went quickly. I like short projects with good results! Thanks for visiting.

Josie Two Shoes said...

Polly is irresistibly cute! I love, love the brightly colored cushions you made! You are right, doing it yourself means you are going to smile and feel good every time you look at them!

Things that make me smile... my awesome husband, my four furkids, phone calls from my kids, west Texas sunsets, a warm pan of brownies, and new comments on my blog! :-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...