Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Helping Hand

This video is such a cute approach to my theme for today.

A small group of very loving and caring people has been formed to offer additional support to the local Needs Council.  The purpose is to perform some odd jobs for folks who are elderly or disabled, and to do so without a lot of accolades and recognition.  Our assignment today was to repair a by-pass door that no longer by-passed.  People who are naturals at fixing things seem to have an uncanny ability to just analyze the situation, get out a screw driver (and maybe a couple of other tools), and get it fixed.  That's exactly what two of our fellows did today.  Then they also tightened up a railing on the client's back patio as well.  

As we were leaving, the client mentioned something about paying them, and "G" said, "Our payment is your smile!"  Isn't that really what it's all about?  I'm pretty sure our group was more blessed than the client.

It's our opportunity to 'pass it on'.

Look for your opportunity today to make someone's day brighter.

Also be sure to share how you are volunteering, give someone else an idea!

Linda

2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It's a charming video to support a great idea! Helping others provides rich rewards.

Wandering Wren said...

Linda - such a lovely video and a post. I am very fortunate to be able to volunteer with Asylum Seekers, it is a constant reminder how fortunate I am in this world. Amongst my friends here in Australia I am happy to say that a large number do put back into their local communities through volunteer work. I always feel I get more out than I put in... Well done to your group, and if you could send a couple of your fellows out my way I can find a load of jobs for them :)
Wren x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...