Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Perfect Dawn??

Two Shoes Tuesdsay
This will be my first adventure into linking to another blog.  As I love to do some research, I decided to type in "perfect dawn" to get a start on this post, and maybe some inspiration.  I did find there are several book references to "Perfect Dawn" and "Waiting for Perfect Dawn", none of which is there time to read to get a feel for these.  There were also some absolutely beautiful pictures one could buy for a price. There is even a "Dawn Perfect" on Facebook.  I went to ClipArt to see if I could get an inspiration for these two words Josie has introduced.  Windows 8 really frustrates me, as it used to be so easy to get art work to put into your documents without paying through the nose or finding copyright infringement.  It's just a lot easier to use your own pictures. 

Then I had to send a note to Josie to find out how to accomplish this link, so she was very quick and helpful in getting me the instructions.  Thus her symbol at the top of the page.

Speaking of pictures, I have found a few that really do address the word "perfect", among some of the thousands my husband takes with his fancy Nikon camera. 


This is from Utah, where we went to my nephew's wedding and stayed at Sundance.


One of our favorite places in the states is at Camden, Maine, where he captured this lighthouse with the sailboat...such a restful scene.


This pictures is in near-perfect proportion, taken at Lucerne, Switzerland.

So that's the visual interpretation of perfect.

Now for "dawn".  We have a room-darkening shade in our bedroom.  We usually set our alarm for around 6:30 so we can let the dogs out and get our day started.  But in the summertime, the light begins to peak through the side of this shade at around six or a little before.  Therefore, dawn is anywhere between six and six-thirty, depending on whether your internal clock has turned on early or waited for the alarm.  As the summer winds down and fall approaches, the dawn will change with the season.  Eventually I'll have to get up in the dark, but this fall, I'll get to see the dawning of the sun at 6:30!

I found this definition:

dawn

   [dôn, dän]
noun
  1. Dawn is defined as the first light of a new day or the beginning of something.
    1. An example of dawn is around 6am in September in California.
    2. An example of dawn is the beginning of the Computer Age.
verb
  1. The definition of dawn is to begin to be understood, daylight or to appear.
    1. An example of dawn is finally getting what someone is talking about.
    2. An example of dawn is the sun appearing on the horizon.
Thanks, Josie, for giving us the opportunity to reflect on your words for a Tuesday!
Linda

18 comments:

Romi C said...

Hi, Linda.
These photos are perfect! They look like professional picture postcards.

Lady Lilith said...

Nice shots. They are so versatile.

Lady Lilith said...

Nice photograph.

oldegg said...

Water and movement are the significant features of these shots. They are beautiful.

TexWisGirl said...

the maine scene is awesome!

Fancy Ranci said...

Hi! Just found you through Josie's link up. Isn't she wonderful?! She helped me out with adding her button to my post when I was beginning. She seems like such a gentle soul. I love your photos. I had the pleasure of visiting Maine for the first time a few years ago, and Camden was one of my favorite spots! I enjoyed your post. I'll be back!

Josie Two Shoes said...

Welcome to Two Shoes Tuesday, Linda! It was my pleasure to help you get linked up with us, you've done a wonderful job with your first post here! I love it when people post their own photos, I wish I had the time and means to do more of mine. Yours are about as close to perfect as I can imagine! I haven't been to the land of lighthouses yet, but I will get there one day! I was mesmerized by the swans in the lake when we lived in Germany... so beautiful and graceful... and such mean little buggers when it come to snatching bread from my daughter that she'd brought to feed the ducks! :-) My process of finding what to write is very similar to yours... seeking some starter ideas or photos, inspiration from whatever source. I love the dawn, waking up to watch it happen is such a peaceful and uplifting way to start the day! I am loving your blog, and hope to find more time soon to read more of what you've done here.

Lin Floyd said...

I love dawn and early morning when it's still cool here...

Patricia said...

I use a lot of photos but few are mine...yours are wonderful.

Saucy Kodz said...

Dawn is my favourite part of the day. I am a morning person and usually rise at 6-6:30. I have a quick coffee, feed my dog Jack and then we go for early morning walk - usually 1.5 miles while the morning is still cool. From here 3 min walk down to the river and along the path we go, up through town and several streets arriving home both thirsty and me ready for breakfast. What lovely, peaceful, photos. Just makes one want to sigh. Have a wonderful day :)

Val said...

Linda,

I love the photos. Capturing a moment in time - Perfect. Getting up in the dark in winter was one of my "Halleluia, I'm retired, I don't have to get up in the dark" joys. Nice to meet you and connect. I've only linked up to Josie for a few weeks, but it is WONDERFUL

Linda Kay Christensen said...

Thanks, Josie.... I am having so much fun with the blog, and the writing challenge is really good for me. I'll see you next Tuesday!

Linda Kay Christensen said...

Thanks so much...I can't take credit on these. My husband has a great eye for the photos and a steady hand.

Linda Kay Christensen said...

Val, joined your blog site and look forward to seeing you next Tuesday with Josie!

Revrunner said...

I think I like your husband's "fancy Nikon". :-)

Linda Kay Christensen said...

I certainly can't challenge his photos with my Iphone pics! Thanks for stopping by.

orchid Miyako said...

Wonderful pictures of nature with water scene♡♡♡ I especially was fascinated by the swan with gorgeous posing with reflection. Our city park used to have about 400 of them but because of the bird flue, they had to be killed. Always almost in tears seeing these beautiful swans(^^;)
Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

eileeninmd said...

Lovely post and photos... The swans is beautiful. And I love the lighthouse scene! Enjoy your day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...