Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursday Fences from Montana



This first picture is not of a fence, but rather a sign in front of the cabins where we stayed in Big Foot.  The cabins were a bit pricey, but were very comfortable.  There was a river running swiftly behind the cabins, creating a wonderful atmosphere.
 Jerry shot this picture through the trees.  If you look at this picture, you can probably hear the water running over the rocks.


This corral and fence row is along the road at the Flathead Indian Reservation.  The fence is not very sturdy, as you can probably see, but the corral is interesting.


I love this shot of the buildings with the fences, also at the Indian Reservation. It is really an odd fence line, don't you think?


And this is the last one for this week.  Note that the mountains still have some snow.  These are the Mission Mountains, and the lake is Flathead Lake behind the buildings.  Looks like there is one log missing on the fence.

Linking in with Run-Around-Ranch-Report




Linda

20 comments:

Lin Floyd said...

you can just feel the coolness in the air, lovely photos!

bj said...

Great photos of some beautiful country. Thanks for sharing them.
I just linked thru Google Friends Connect to follow you. Come by to see me soon.
I can't help but add that a cousin and I have been searching for another cousin for 25 years and not found a trace of her anywhere..her name is LINDA KAY so I thought of my cousin when I saw your name.

Anvilcloud said...

Nice photos. It seems somewhat odd (wrong word) to me to have a Fence Thursday meme on Blogger when it's on Friday on Flickr. HFF = Happy Fence Friday. But I don't often do memes on either sight ... so ... what am I prattling on about? I just don't know. :)

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful scenes. i like the rustic fences!

Melissa said...

I was just here last week!!! Such a beautiful place!

Margaret Adamson said...

beautiful countryside and I love the water rushing by. great fences.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Such a beautiful setting for a stay in a rustic cabin! Montana looks like beautiful country!

eileeninmd said...

I love the view of the mountains, lovely countryside scenery.. Great fence shots.

orchid Miyako said...

Wow; how beautiful the scenery with mountain and the long beautiful fence; really serene, Linda♡♡♡
Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs to from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Felicia said...

beautiful scenery to go with your great fences.

janiceadcock said...

Nice fences, beautiful scenery.

Linda Kay said...

Truly a beautiful spot in the US.... Hugs back to you across the "pond"

Linda Kay said...

The mountains were incredible! Thanks for popping by.
Linda

Linda Kay said...

Thanks for your visit, I'll return the visit to your site.

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Linda, so nice to meet you and thank you for the visit. I've enjoyed mine here and look forward to coming back. Your photos are wonderful!

biebkriebels said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I aapreciate it very much.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Beautiful photos. If I were a painter I'd want to paint the river... Yes, almost I could hear the water rushing past the rocks in it. The color of the water was so icy blue. Love it.

Brenda


Amy at love made my home said...

What an amazingly beautiful place! xx

Linda Kay said...

Thanks for stopping by, Amy... we had a glorious time there, and it was truly beautiful.

Gail said...

Amazing fences and love that water!!!

I want to know the secret of how they get all their work done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...