Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tuesday Words


Our good friends in Montana drove us to a cute little town further west and a bit north  of Missoula called Philipsburg.  When we arrived in the town we found a two-street long car show in progress.  There were some real classics in the group.  So in keeping with the Tuesday challenge, I went in search of something to include in the blog with the words "cover" and "show".
 
 
 

 


This first picture is of some blankets (cover) in a store with other gifts and notions for the public to enjoy.  The black and white reminds of a pinto pony. 

 
 


 The bed frame is absolutely beautiful, as is the quilt coverlet.
 
We spent some time in and out of the stores, admired the beautiful and classic cars displayed on the streets, and visited with other folks along the way.
 














Then we went to the live theater production of "Wife Begins at Forty" at this theater.  This is my "show".  The play was hilarious, and was a really special diversion from the heat of the day.  I am always amazed at the talent of some of the volunteer performers at some of these tiny theaters all over the country.  The actors were from nearby universities, either students looking for opportunities to perform and add events to their resumes, or professors of theater just having a great time.
 
 
What are your experiences with live theater?
 
Sharing with Two Shoes in Texas from the airport in Salt Lake City on our way home.
 
Linda
 
 
Two Shoes Tuesdsay
 

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's cool. you're right about creative folks who act in community theater. it is amazing the energy folks put in to it.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It looks like an interesting place to visit. Communities thrive when they have local theatre.

Linda Kay said...

The stage is small, but the actors are so great...almost like professional theatre

Linda Kay said...

That's really true. We certainly are patrons, and enjoy almost every show.

Zoe Byrd said...

I cant tell if I lost my comment or if it is waiting for a review? hmmmm.... was just saying went to ny for a fabulous musical version of Young Frankenstien... very funny!

Gail said...

What wonderful photos. I would have loved that outing too.

We have three kinds of turtles here. The box turtle when stays about this size but gets very old, a red ear water turtle and the Alligator Snapping Turtle in our ponds.

Romi C said...

This is a great post on "cover" and "show." I love the quilt coverlet.

I haven't been to live theater for a long time. I remember watching "As You Like It" many years ago, which I enjoyed very much.

Josie Two Shoes said...

A delightful way to expound on the prompts for today, Linda Kay! This sounds like great fun, how I love the blankets and bed! I totally enjoy watching amateur play productions too, so much enthusiasm for the craft!

Linda Kay said...

So many of these small theaters are not very expensive for a night out, and they are really well worth it. I have never imagined myself on the stage, but surely appreciate those who do the acting. Brave!

Lin Floyd said...

love the title of the show...looks like a fun trip. My cousin has had a little theatre for years and i've enjoyed going to her shows!

oldegg said...

It is always a great to discover a new town and its delights. Theater is often a real treat but I must confess I prefer Opera and Ballet.

Saucy Kodz said...

That was a really great trip of discovery and I would have loved the theater - Active in school theater and university and for a while afterwards. Best reward for me, when I lived in London England and got to choose which theater I would go to - so many - so saw them all - for University kept getting free tickets for students - Aaaah :) The funny part about the theater is, Prince Edward Island's "Anne Of Green Gables" (my back yard growing up) was in England and playing at a theater downtown in London's west end. I got to see "Anne Of Green Gables, live production with entire cast from PEI, first time ever in England. ha,ha.....wonderful, wonderful, wonderful and made me homesick too - Have a great day :)

Val said...

The show title is so interesting. Sounds like an enjoyable excursion.

Linda Kay said...

Thanks for sharing your experience. We had season tickets to plays at a local college in Illinois, and we so enjoyed the productions. How fun in England!

Linda Kay said...

Studied some opera in college, but haven't had much chance to be near a city for those events. I did enjoy the study.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...