Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bad Hair Day

I wanted to share some pictures with you from our county fair critters.  Hope you get a chuckle from these.




Now I'm sure you know this is not hair, but feathers on these chickens.  Also note that it was very hot in the tent, so that's why their wings might be out a bit, and their beaks open. Any idea of what the breeds are?




Now these are a variety of sheep....imagine how hot these fellows were in the animal barn.  Ugh!  Not sure how they even see anything.

Now, just so I can participate in one of our many challenges for memes, I'll join A Southern Day Dreamer for Outdoor Wednesday with this picture.



This is a very old water well house and tank just a block off Main Street in Fredericksburg.  It sits behind a historical preserved Sunday House, so not likely to be destroyed.  It probably dates back into the 1800s.  A Sunday House is one used by the ranchers when they would come into town on a Saturday night and needed a place to stay for Sunday services.  There are a number of these in Fredericksburg, and all protected.

Have a good hair day!Outdoor-Wednesday-logo_thumb4
 Linda Kay

14 comments:

Lin Floyd said...

love the hot critters and how fun your historical photo and info!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

That ram is handsome and the chickens look confused. I never heard of Sunday Houses before. Interesting...

TexWisGirl said...

those poor hot critters! love that old well house!

whiteangel said...

Interesting looking chocks, but have no idea what breed they are, but I have seen many in the past looking beautiful. The sheep are good also.

Amy at love made my home said...

Those very fluffy chickens always raise a smile don't they. Have you ever seen any of the ones with very feathery legs and feet, they look a little daft too. xx

DeniseinVA said...

Those critters' hair-do's make me smile. A great series of photos.

Michelle F said...

Ok, I had to Google chickens, so this is what I think they are: LOL
(1) Silky chickens
(2)?
(3) Wyandotte Chickens
(4) Leghorn chicken

Well, I'm not sure..but it was fun trying.

Janie Junebug said...

I'm going to show the chickens and the sheep to Sam, who cares for my golden tresses. I'm sure she'll be inspired to provide me with a new do.

Love,
Janie

eileeninmd said...

What a cute series of "hair do"s I love them all. Great shots! Enjoy your evening!

Val said...

I'd love to relax on that bench.

Felicia said...

they are having bad hair days aren't they. those poor sheep, maybe they are used to it though.

Mage said...

Fascinating historical tid bits. Nice fur and feather's too. Actually, for this California old lady, all this is fascinating.

Wandering Wren said...

I rather take after the black and white chook except I'm the other way round grey on the roots, dark on the ends :)
This is a fun post Linda, I'm not sure if the sheep would see the funny side though, because he can't see anything through that fringe!
Wren x

orchid Miyako said...

Oh, I DID smile with the second chicken(*^_^*) I was born in the sheep year from the zodiac sign, Oh poor sheep in the hot weather; amazed with their horns as well☆☆☆ Sure is their Bad Hair Day :-)
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...