Friday, August 29, 2014

Birds at the Zoo

Happy Saturday, my friends!  Our recent visit to the San Antonio Zoo gave us some great shots of some beautiful birds.  I am not a bird expert, so hope I got all the names right.  Please let me know if there is a correction.



This first one is a wood duck.  I love the amazing colors on this duck, each line so distinct and perfect.  Lots of reflection in the water, right?


Swans are always so beautiful and graceful.  This one swam up close to the shore and was under a bridge reflection.


Another miracle of nature is this parrot with so many colors in the feathers.   We couldn't get him to turn our way for a front picture.


This Blue Parrot, however, wanted to pose for us.  Isn't this coloring beautiful?  The second one behind this one actually appears to be even a darker blue.  Not sure about the male/female thing on parrots.

Hope you enjoyed this colorful display for Eileen's Saturday Critters at Viewing Nature With Eileen.  Saturday's Critters

Linda Kay

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

those hyacinth macaws are amazing! such gorgeous color! love the wood ducks, too. don't get to see swans here! :)

Bethany Carson said...

Those are beautiful birds! Love all the colors!

whiteangel said...

Yes, nice reflection....beautiful birds.

biebkriebels said...

The parrots are very nice, they have such bright colours.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

The wood duck almost looks painted, it's colors are so distinct!

Anvilcloud said...

I'd like to see a wood duck in real life some day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Linda, I love the male wood duck. They are handsome ducks.. The parrots are gorgeous, lovely photos. Thanks so much for sharing your post with my critter party.. Have a happy weekend!

orchid Miyako said...

Oh, San Antonio Zoo's gorgeous birds♡♡♡ Such colorful parrots; never seen with my own eyes :-)
Wishing you are having 阿wonderful weekend, Linda♪
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Lin Floyd said...

colorful birds…I'm off to the aquarium today with grandkids

Cynthia said...

Beautiful birds. It's amazing how precise the lines of color are on the wood duck. Not a feather out of line!

Amy at love made my home said...

The blue parrot really is amazing! I don't think that I have ever seen one quite that colour before. It is fabulous though. xx

Marie said...

Beautiful birds! I love wood ducks, and that blue parrot is wonderful! We visited the San Antonio zoo when our grandson was pretty small. really enjoyed it.

bettyl-NZ said...

They are all lovely but that blue certainly stands out on the birds.

Michelle F said...

I love birds. Most are very beautiful.
I once owned a bird. It kept biting, so I gave up.

Kay said...

Wow! These are such gorgeous photos of beautifully colored birds. It's always exciting to see such incredible beauty in nature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...