Thursday, August 21, 2014

Clear Glass, Blue Glass, and Carnival Glass

What can I say.... I love glass.  So for Brenda to give us the word glass to Ponder at BYG Adventures, my camera had a great time with items to share with you today.



My husband's grandmother and then his mother collected American Fostoria.  So we have a china cupboard with a number of settings of this beautiful glass.










When we had a wonderful opportunity to travel to Prague, the souvenir I brought home was this little leaded glass basket.

Sometimes, I have flowers filling the back of this lovely swan, and place it as a table centerpiece.  Or fruit is nice as well.  Behind the swan is a cut glass bowl.

I love cobalt blue, and this pitcher and glasses was given to me by my daughter from an antique shop.  The vase with the flowers holds some glass marbles from my father-in-law's collection.  I picked out all the blue and white ones.

And finally this carnival glass vase from my mother.  The little girl figurines are Anri's, gifts from my hubby.

The good news is that one of my daughters shares my love of glass, so she will probably be happy to find a place for these in her home someday.  What is your choice in glass?  Do you prefer the colored or clear? Any thoughts?

Have a great Friday, and a happy weekend.  This is County Fair weekend for us.
 photo image13_zps64a48e1e.png"/>

Linda Kay

11 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

You have some lovely pieces, so many different styles and colours. I like clear glass, but I have two amber glass vases that I really love as well! xx

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Love the cobalt blue especially. Have a great time at the county fair!

John's Island said...

Hi Linda, You have some wonderful glass items in this post. I also really like the cobalt blue ... it is special! You have a very nice blog here. Thank you for stopping by John's Island and your kind comments! John

TexWisGirl said...

i have a few small light-green glass bottles in my kitchen. a few crystal pieces that were gifts from the company i worked for. but i admit to hating to dust, so i don't keep much. :)

Lin Floyd said...

I do have some crystal, a bowl for my wedding to a Swede long ago....

bj said...

I have a few pieces of clear crystal and just glass pieces but MY love is white ironstone. :)

Brenda Gladden said...

I am loving your collectiom

Big Sky Heidi said...

What a delightful basket from Prague!

Janie Junebug said...

Such lovely items. I like colored glass. I have a candle holder from Finland that is very heavy and has beautiful shades of blue in it. When I got divorced I left behind our gorgeous glass birds from Finland because I knew they were the only things in the house that X liked. I'm sorry I was nice to him. He doesn't deserve beautiful glass birds from Finland.

Love,
Janie, who is somewhat bitter but mostly over it

Romi C said...

Your glassware is beautiful.

Rory Bore said...

oh my gosh - the cobalt blue!!! gorgeous! I have several sets of glass crystal too. One in particular is actually black! which you would think looks horrible, but honestly, set with a table of white china: so elegant!!
I have it packed away right now because I just don't consume enough wine. that's kinda sad. ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...