Friday, August 8, 2014

Friendship and Faith

I wrote this poem about friendship and faith some time ago as a part of the "action" presentation for a Via De Cristo Weekend.  Linking today with Friendship Friday with pictures from the Carmel Mission in Califronia.




As you walk with me today
Let me show you the way
To the love and grace of God
Through the words I say.

And if I do not speak,
And it's comfort that you seek,
Just let me give a hug,
When your faith and heart are weak.

Watch me as I'm working,
Or join with me in play,
As I live my life in God's grace,
Today and every day.

For though I'm not in prayer
Or preaching at the pew,
God's love is shining through me
To reach out to each of you.



Have a blessed Friday and a fabulous weekend!

Linda 


10 comments:

Big Sky Heidi said...

Such a lovely church!

TexWisGirl said...

just beautiful.

DeniseinVA said...

It's a beautiful mission, I hope I get to see it one day. Loved your poem!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Linda!
Oh, yes! Isn't that just the ticket? We are watched way more than we know. And God's reputation is in our hands, and words, and lives.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, m & jb

whiteangel said...

That is an awesome poem you wrote.
I do like your photos, they are beautiful.

Saucy Kodz said...

What a most beautiful place is this Carmel Mission - I feel at peace just looking at the photo. Very nice, very appreciated poem. Have a wonderful day :)

orchid Miyako said...

Oh My, Linda!!! Than you very much for the beautiful poem with the great pictures. Even if I am a Japanese, I feel the love from up above and wish to share to other people :-)
Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Amy at love made my home said...

What beautiful words. xx

Bethany Carson said...

Beautiful mission and lovely poem! Put a smile on my face! God bless you.

Anita said...

Lovely expression, Linda!
Yes, even I believe that we must keep the faith.
Be blessed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...