Sunday, August 3, 2014

It's All in the Frame




Today I'm linking up with BYG Adventures for the pondering of the word "frame".  There are so many interpretations of this word in our language!  The thought that comes to my mind is the body structure of a person.  I love to sit where I can "people watch" to think about some of the folks who walk by.  And one of these thoughts is for the frame of the individual.  Some folks, of course are more robust, but their frame might actually support those extra pounds.  It's kind of all about the heritage of the individual.




For example, this fellow is probably very tall and "big boned", as my grandmother used to say.  He appears to be a gentleman of some stature in his career.  Perhaps he is a banker or a financial broker of some sort.  Unlike so many people in business these days, he takes pride in his appearance.  I wonder if he has a wife at home who helps him with shopping and selecting his clothes?




This young lady is probably a model, and most of the ladies in modeling have a fairly small frame, or even if their frame is larger, they are just plain meat and bones.  She is probably on a very limited diet of low sugar, and she probably eats very small portions to keep her figure in shape for those beautiful clothes (or outrageous outfits) she will model on the runway.  I think it must be a very hard life to have to be constantly aware of every ounce of food.  There is probably a lot of glamour to her life, however, and if she is successful she will be rewarded.



So I'll bet you are wondering about me and my frame?  Well, I come from some healthy German stock.  My bones are strong, but I'm not very broad shouldered.  The weight tends to gather at my lower extremities.  I'm thankful for being healthy.  I try to do 30 minutes a day walking or swimming, and we eat pretty conservatively.  We are in the practice of sharing meals and such, if we go out.  

What's your frame?  I think the challenge is to maintain your weight to fit your frame.  Thoughts?

Linda


center>  photo image13_zps64a48e1e.png"/>

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i know about german structure. my mother was full-blood german. my sister takes after her frame, too. i, along with our other sister, take after my bohemian (czech) father. apple shaped. can turn into refrigerators if not careful. :)

Linda Kay said...

My husband is more prone to the "refrigerator", I'm more the "pear". ;-)

Anvilcloud said...

I am tall but not robust of frame, and I carry too much weight around my middle.

Gail said...

I may have some of that German ancestry too. I have broad shoulders. I fill every available spot with padding carefully tended by feeding it ice cream on hot summer days.

I didn't say that. I was framed.

Friko said...

I am tall, solid boned and a touch too heavy. Many Germans in Germany now are slim. They keep up the exercise and healthy living.

Lin Floyd said...

well my hubby resembles Jack Sprat and I look like his wife who likes to eat....lol!

Linda Kay said...

A very common dilemma, and it's the hardest place to lose it!

Linda Kay said...

Thanks for the chuckle! My hubby and I are quite the opposite as well.

Cranberry Morning said...

I think I resemble an ♫old stogie, I have found - short, but not too big around.♪ But that's only because I watch it like a hawk! If I'm not careful, I could put on 5# in a weekend - and it would all collect around my middle.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I'm kind of thin; my running three times a week helps counter my occasional eating Cajun food.

Cynthia said...

Small-boned, long arms and legs person with a new tummy-pooch that I do not like! Must do something about that, but it is ice cream season . . . So maybe not quite yet!

orchid Miyako said...

Oh, America is a country of melting pot which I cannot imagine the feeling (as a Japanese). Funny enough, seeing a western people(rare chance here in my area) I instantly wish to talk with them in English. Taking it for granted that they must be able to speak English p;) I happy to know about you and admire your health conscious attitude, Linda♪

Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs to from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

whiteangel said...

Interesting question you asked...me, to remain healthy however I am average height with a thick middle :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...