Friday, August 22, 2014

Four Fill-Ins

It's late on Friday night, but I'm joining Feeling Beachie with my Friday Fill Ins.

Feeling Beachie


 

1.  Brussels Sprouts is my least favorite vegetable.   Well, maybe it's Okra.



2.  When I was a young girl on the farm and five miles from town, I thought all the "townies" were having all the fun.  They got to walk up to the soda shop after school for a Coke or an ice cream.


3.  My worst subject in High School was history.  It aws hard for me to get excited about information that was far away from my narrow teenager mind.  There were so many distractions: boys, girl fights, gossip - you remember?  Now I find history fascinating.  I've enjoyed traveling with my blogger friends to all sorts of historic sites, some of which I have also visited. 













4.  I write best when I have plenty of quiet and no distractions.  That time comes way too seldom in our busy lives. It seems I'm so easily distracted with nonsense things, so need to really discipline myself to set aside time that is non-negotiable.  Can we do it?






Thanks for hosting this!

Linda Kay


9 comments:

Lin Floyd said...

well, my least favorite veggie is turnips? When I was younger, I loved to dance and miss it so much! My worst subject in HS-I loved school! I write best when I'm frustrated and trying to journal my feelings to understand me better. Thanks for this opportunity! It's 4 am and I can't sleep...lol!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Brussell sprouts is my least favorite vegetable too!

TexWisGirl said...

i could relate to the first one. :) i grew up on a farm 3 1/2 miles from town. but then, when i was 13, we moved to town and it almost killed me to leave the country.

Rory Bore said...

I love brussel sprouts! but no one else in my house does, so I rarely buy them.
I definitely like the quiet to write too -- maybe some classical music in the background sometimes, or just outside with Nature. But YES -- so many distractions. I am such a big fan girl of so many things that there is just so much NOISE in my brain competing for attention. I just need to "sssssh" it all so that I can enter the creative zone.

Amy at love made my home said...

I don't like sprouts either, unless they are in something that we call bubble and squeak which is leftover veggies and potatoes all cooked up together and served with cold meats or sausages then I really like sprouts. Funny isn't it. I really don't like okra though!! xx

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoyed your post Linda Kay. I am one of those people who love Brussels Sprouts, probably because my Dad used to grow them in his garden and I ate them from as far back as I can remember. I was a strange child ;)

whiteangel said...

I don't care for sprouts,but my husband loves them. I finally was able to add you to my list :)

Elizabeth said...

I don't mind Brussel Sprouts. I usually roast them in the oven with olive oil and garlic pepper.

LOL on the townies.

I didn't like history in high school, but I love it now. My least favorite subject was Math.

Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Follow Friday Four Fill-In

Michelle F said...

I like brussel sprouts and okra.
I do remember not wanting to learn anything that wasn't in my realm of thinking.
History was fun only because we got to cut-up in class.
I am just beginning to like historical novels and see what I missed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...