Saturday, August 30, 2014

Quilt Show Review for Sunday

Some of you enjoyed the pictures I posted about the quilt show.  By the way, they haven't called me yet to let me know that I'm the winner of the raffle quilt!  ;-)  So for a quiet Sunday, I thought I'd just post a few pictures for you to see just a few of these amazing works of art.  Most were prize winners, but mostly I just loved the colors and the amazing stitching.


Judge's Choice

"I remember Fredericksburg"

This is a tree skirt, 1st place by a novice!
 

First Place in an art category - it's kind of 3D

Amazing color on this one!

A really cute one by some ladies in my neighborhood.
Have a restful Sunday
Linda Kay




14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i really like the tree and bird one! great wallhanging!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I love the patterns in the third and fifth ones. But they're all beautiful!

whiteangel said...

They are beautiful. Clever people who did them.

Lin Floyd said...

what beautiful quilts, a tree quilt what a cool idea. thanks for sharing!

Saucy Kodz said...

Quilts always amaze me. I just bought tickets on a draw for a beauty of a quilt. I love the tree quilt and the 3D is kinda neat too :)

Bethany Carson said...

Beautiful quilts! I especially like the tree one!

Michelle F said...

My favorite is the bunnies one.
Reminds me of Easter, Spring...

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, Wow, these are some great quilts! A really beautiful quilt is very special and can make the difference in how I feel about an entire room. My favorites here are the really colorful ones ... the first one and the next to last. Thanks for sharing these photos! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Wishing you and yours a happy Labor Day holiday. John

Janie Junebug said...

Wow! Those are great. If I won the quilt in the raffle, I might pass out from joy.

Love,
Janie

Amy at love made my home said...

I love the one with the trees, although they are all lovely!! Shame that you didn't win the raffle quilt, perhaps another time. xx

Cynthia said...

They are beautiful! It's mind-boggling to think of the number of total hours these represent.

Gail said...

Every one a work of art.

Quilts take lots of time, talent and much heart to do.

Kay said...

Good gosh! These are absolutely amazing. I can just imagine how much time and dedication it took to create these works of art.

orchid Miyako said...

Oh My!!! I wish I had the talent. BEAUTIFUL quilt work, Linda♡♡♡ I wish I could see them hung proudly:-) 

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...