Thursday, September 4, 2014

Announcement, Willy Nilly, Fences

Tomorrowlady

Are you ready for a new challenge???

This is a new sharing spot I am introducing.  I love to write, and many of you, my blogger friends, share my interest in words.  I will post a note on each Monday of the week, so this is just an advance for next week.

Our topic for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom for September 10th is:  Tips on being a good grandparent.  To qualify for these tips you should be: a) a grandparent, b) a grandchild, c) or an observer of an example of good grandparenting skills.

Remember that we are looking for wisdom and wit.  So see if you can give an example of your wisdom and advice that also includes a bit of humor.  You can get full details here, on a separate page of my blog.

For this Friday, I am also joining Willy Nilly Friday 5 with Around Roanoke with the following observations from my road trip to Boerne.  Some of you have a picture in your mind of Texas as desert and heat, but the Hill Country is very different from that impression, as you will see.
Around Roanoke

1. But first, I wanted to share with you the pictures of the glass artistry on display at the Bear Moon Bakery in Boerne.  It's a great place for a yummy breakfast.

2.  This picture was taken from the top of one of the hills going south toward Boerne on Sisterdale Road.  Sisterdale is just a little town, but has lots of visitors on this beautiful drive.  
3.  This is my favorite view returning from Boerne on that same road.  Fredericksburg is in the valley below the hills.  
4.  This picture of the building, fence and oak tree are my entry for joining Two Shoes Tuesday with the Run A Around Ranch.  Note the gnarly cactus by the fence and the very dry ground. 

5.  Remember my painting project with the mirror frame ideas?  Well the painting is done, so we just have to wait on the floor people to get us on the schedule later this month.  Whew!  I'm not doing this again...too many muscle aches and pains.  Again, this was the only angle for taking the picture of the mirror.  There are two frames together to cover the big mirror....and the scratch in the middle.

Thanks for hosting Willy Nilly and Fences, ladies!

Linda Kay

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oops, the comment on your bathroom was meant to go here. Love the color!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I love the pictures!

whiteangel said...

Lovely photos...

Lin Floyd said...

clever mirror frames. my hubby loves the hill country in spring-me too!

TexWisGirl said...

love those clouds! good luck with the new link-up! (and don't forget to link this to good fences!)

Anvilcloud said...

I don't think I have any tips. I just try to be there.

Ida said...

That view is pretty awesome. Looks like the road goes on forever and those beautiful puffy clouds are so dreamy.
Neat fence shot, the plant is a Yucca plant.
Your painting project looks great, love the wall hangings in the background.

Cranberry Morning said...

Nice fence photo - and such a beautiful blue sky and landscape photo! Check out Jeeves & Wooster on YouTube. There should be several clips there, and maybe entire shows. I don't know, they may even be on Netflix. They are all crazy, silly hilarious. We bought the DVD set when it was on special sale near Christmas a couple years ago. :-)

Tanya Breese said...

oh wow, i love your bathroom!! what a beautiful drive to boerne too! your new link up sounds fun...i will have to come and see! have a great weekend and thank you for linking with willy nilly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...