Thursday, September 11, 2014

Five Thoughts for a Friday

It's Friday already!  Where has the week gone??  I'm linking in to Around Roanoke for Willy Nilly Friday Five to share with you some of my thoughts.


1.  Here's a question for my lovely Japanese blogger friends.  At one of the art shops in town, an artist pointed this out to us as being a replica of how eggs might be purchased in Japan.  The artist had sculpted these "eggs" from rocks and wrapped them in some twigs with strong bindings.  Would one still be able to purchase eggs in Japan in this medium?








2.  You might all remember my bathroom project.  Since my last posting on this, the tile has been laid, and I added a butterfly above the towel bar on the right to finish out the wall.  I think I'm done with this, thank heaven!  Threw away the painting clothes and vowed to never tackle this kind of project again!
















3.  From last Friday's Art Walk, a rock sculpture for wine bottles that I found really interesting.

.....And a duck carved into a piece of driftwood


....And a Horse Mask


#4.  After the Art Walk, we drove out to Luckenbach for a bit of dancing and saw this amazing rainbow in the distance.  By the way it really was too hot to be dancing, but there was an occasional breeze!

#5.  And a couple of questions for my fellow bloggers.  I've been having trouble with my reading list not showing up on my blogger dashboard occasionally, but still showing on the blog?  Also, why are some folks choosing to go to WordPress from Blogger?  Curious to see if someone can answer my questions?

Thanks for hosting, Tanya! 
Around Roanoke


Have a wonderful weekend.
Linda Kay


13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the blog roll disappears now and again. lots of folks seem to struggle with it. i read my blog list from a separate feed reader (i use feedly, but lots of folks like bloglovin). that way, i don't have to rely on the blog roll in my blog dashboard since it is so unreliable.

the egg container is quite cool!

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely photo of the rainbow! My blog list on my dashboard is sometimes not there as well, which can be annoying, but thankfully it always comes back! I'm not sure why people move to Wordpress (I like blogger a lot better!); most likely I would think it is a matter of personal taste.

DeniseinVA said...

I haven't had the blog roll problem yet. Keeping fingers crossed here. I opened a totally new blog just for people's blogs. That's working out great for me. Congrats on getting your painting project done and I enjoyed looking at all the art you shared, including the Japanese egg holder. All so interesting.

Romi C said...

As far as I know, eggs are usually sold in plastic packages at supermarkets in Japan. Many decades ago, there may have been packages like the one the replica shows, but I don't remember seeing any of them in ordinary shops around here.

Romi C said...

The package in the replica is called 'tsuto,' and it is made of straw. I've found the video showing how to make one.

http://www.yamagata-furusatojuku.jp/cgi-bin/site_text/10/10703082017128575_b.asx

We might be able to find eggs in a straw 'tsuto,' say in a gift shop for tourists in Yamagata Prefecture in the northwestern part of Japan.

whiteangel said...

Interesting way to carry eggs. I know about bathrooms, just had one totally redone, the other re grouted.

Anvilcloud said...

I was on Wordpress for awhile. I came back to Blogger because most of my people were here, so it made it easier. WP seems a little more sophisticated, and if people want to host their own blog website it would be the software to use for most.

Tom said...

Great art and rainbow. Why would you want to be on wordpress? Tom The Backroads Traveller

Marie said...

Fabulous bathroom! You did a great job. Love the rainbow over Luchenbach....why is it you can't see that word without the Willie Nelson song popping in your head. :-) Like the art show finds too. About Wordpress.....I remember about a year ago everyone was saying that blogger was going to cease to exist and you had to find another blogger venue....but it never happened. I think blogger was bought by another company, and so continued on its seamless way. Many people had already switched though.

W. Latane Barton said...

My blog list disappears from time to time but then it comes back. Just to keep me guessing, I guess. As for Wordpress.. I don't like it. I started with blogger and will stay with blogger.

Tanya Breese said...

you've got to be proud of all that work that went into your bathroom, it looks great!! love the sculptures and wow, that rainbow!! funny how no matter if you are young or old, doesn't everyone get excited when they see a rainbow?! i don't know about wordpress...i don't really care for it but i don't have any experience other than visiting blogs that use it. thank you for playing willy nilly and have a great weekend!

Mike said...

My blog list disappears from time to time. And it sometimes updates days late for just a few bloggers here and there. So you have to look down the list to see if somebody popped up late.

Cranberry Morning said...

What interesting pieces! And about people switching from Blogger to Word Press? No idea. I like Blogger. If someone finds out the secret, I'd be interested in knowing. My blog list disappears from time to time. That's why I like to have everybody over at Feedly. That's usually pretty reliable. Have a nice weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...