Sunday, September 14, 2014

Monday Mosaic and Writing for Wednesday

Just a reminder...........  Our topic for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom for September 17th is:  What is your experience with weight control; what works and what doesn't? Please share your thoughts on this subject with us on your blogsite.  Then you can link in on Wednesday.  You can't tell, with your advice, we might all be slim and trim by Christmas!  

Remember that we are looking for wisdom and wit.  So see if you can give an example of your wisdom that also includes a bit of humor.  You can find details on a separate page of my blog here.

For this wonderful Monday morning, I've created two mosaics to share with Lavender Cottage Gardening and Monday Mosaics.  There are still flowers growing in my back yard and on the porch, along with some green plants, one of which is very weird.  The wide leaved plan is a Night Blooming Cereus, but we haven't seen any blooms on it, even at night.  It's all floppy and has very strange leaves, but keeps growing like crazy!
Hubby took the pictures of the flowers and the bees that are busily working on getting the pollen.  The lower right flower is a passion flower, and often the blooms die before they open.  There is also a worm that really likes them.  So this bloom is really rare for us.

The trumpet flower is from a cross vine.  It is loaded with blooms in the early spring, then suddenly some will appear with their orange blooms in late summer, just not as many.  The vine is really invasive, so has to be cut back constantly.

Have a wonderful Monday!
Linda Kay

18 comments:

The Armchair Squid said...

Beautiful! Autumn is definitely coming on here in northern New England. The leaves seem to be turning early this year.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

We're in the flowers' last stand here.

Snap said...

How lovely! I love to seen what's blooming in everyone's garden. Happy Mosaic Monday!

Bethany Carson said...

Your mosaics are beautiful! I especially like the first one--lovely colors!

whiteangel said...

Pretty flowers. Vines can be troublesome at times.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

This has been a strange year for flower activity in the garden. Thank you for sharing some of your blooms and linking to Mosaic Monday.

TexWisGirl said...

i'm hoping my trumpet vines will flower next year. they finally got a foothold around my gazebo this year since our temps were a bit cooler this summer and they were able to grow without being fried in the scorching sun. :)

Lin Floyd said...

like your mosaics...

Cranberry Morning said...

Beautiful flowers! I had to cover mine a couple nights ago. We got very close to freezing, and I am NOT ready for those cold temps!

Rose said...

They are beautiful! Love the top collage.

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Linda Kay, Since I have struggled with weight ALL of my adult life, I can write the book.. I don't 'do' memes --but have already written my story on a blog post. IF you want to read it or recommend it, this is the link: http://betsyfromtennessee.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-topic-one-talks-about-alot-this-time.html

Beautiful flowers...I love your mosaics... SO colorful!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

eileeninmd said...

Linda Kay, your flowers are lovely..It is nice to still see some pretty colors and blooms.. It has been chilly here and things are fading away.. Seeing your flowers have brightened my day, thank you. Have a happy week!

Donna said...

Wonderful mosaics...I love passion flowers

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The Passion flower is beautiful! I'm tempted to plant trumpet vines in my backyard retaining wall, as I want something that will grow quickly and flower in summer. I think the deer and rabbits will keep pruning the vines for me so they don't get overgrown! :)

Lynda R Young said...

I love flower photos. There aren't nearly enough flowers in my weedy garden.

The Yum List said...

Flowers (and desserts!) are my favourite things to take pictures of - each different in their own intricacies.

orchid Miyako said...

Oh My, you have really beautiful and varieties of flowers♡♡♡ I knew trumpet flower but never seen them before :-) Happy to be able to see passion flower, Linda♪

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Michelle F said...

My favorite is the pink flower with the bee.
Don't know what kind it is, but I like it.

Thanks for visiting today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...