Friday, September 12, 2014

Saturday Big Critters

These are some photos of some of the BIG critters for Eileen's Saturday Critters.  Thanks for hosting, Eileen.  
Saturday's Critters



The first one is of the lovely rhinoceros.  Only God can see the beauty in this one!



The second picture is of the hippo.  Equally as lovely as the rhino.  Those little ears on that massive body are so funny.



The elephants are my favorite of the big creatures.  So amazing that these creatures are so massive and have such unusual features.  That trunk is really versatile.  He seems content to just drag around that tree stump.



Then there is the alligator.  These are really feared in the South where they lurk in hiding places along streams and edges of bogs and such.  Pretty ferocious.  This guy laid so still, we almost thought it was a fake!  And by the way, there is glass between him and the baby carriage.

Take some time to go to the zoo to observe these animals in their habitat.  And have a great Saturday.

Linda Kay
  

19 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Love your zoo animals. I haven't been to a zoo in quite a while. I am overdue.

Bethany Carson said...

Enjoyed the photos of the animals! It's been a long time since I went to a zoo!

Gosia k said...

I love crocodile but the close contact wouldn't be so nice.

Lin Floyd said...

haven't been to the zoo for some time but did make it to the aquarium recently with grandkids!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Those pachyderms are really impressive. Even the rhino has its beauty.

whiteangel said...

They are indeed large animals. Haven't been to a Zoo in years...

TexWisGirl said...

these are awesome creatures, for sure!

Janie Junebug said...

I love elephants because they're so sensitive. We don't have alligators in Northern Florida. I don't think I could live in a place where I might come across one.

Love,
Janie

Felicia said...

wonderful captures. I love to visit zoo's too.

eileeninmd said...

Awesome animals, I love to visit the zoo. The hippo is one of my favorites.. Great shots..Thank you for sharing your post with my critter party. Have a happy weekend.

Grantham Lynn said...

Great Critter pics. The elephants are my favorite too! I have a few Elephant featured posts!
Thanks for coming by my Cozy Critter Kitty post. I am like you partial to dogs. I inherited this kitty. My grandson loves him! He is a sweet for a cat! LOL. Have you posted in Fallish post? My Fall llinky runs through the end of the month! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kristy Plotkin said...

Awesome pics. I know my friend wants to go to the zoo really bad, so I might have to take some pics as well.

Stephanie said...

Pretty cool critter shots!

Marie said...

I always love to see the elephants, especially! That's one big gator, too!

orchid Miyako said...

We have a little corner of the zoo in our city park, but not these big ones, monkeys and birds etc. I loved to read your view for the hippo and I smiled agreeing :-)

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*


Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Amazing critters that we don't have in our zoo in Helsinki.

Grantham Lynn said...

Thanks for coming by the Sleepover. I enjoyed writing about Fabby's lovely home!
Come by and link your Fall posts. The linky is open through the end of the month. I have some surprises panned!
Have a great week.

Mike said...

It's been a couple of years for a trip to the zoo for me.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What great photos Linda! Enjoyed your commentary that went with each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...