Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Steps and Fences

Steps from all over the world......

1. 16
2. Va

My good friend Cathy sent me some very unusual painted or colored steps, so I thought I would share these as a part of Theresa's Fences Thursday at the Run A Round Ranch.  Does the handrail count as a fence?



These tiled stairs run up a total of 163 steps at 16th and Moraga Street in San Francisco. Over 300 neighborhoods joined in to create the spectacle, leading to an absolutely beautiful result.












In Valparaiso, Chile, you can walk up a flight of piano-like stairs. It’s too bad you can't play a tune too, sort of like Tom Hanks in BIG.














6. Wu

Wuppertal, Germany is home to a set of 112 steps that are known as the Holsteiner Stairs. With the wide array of bright colors, its almost like walking on a rainbow. The stairs also feature a collection of powerful German words painted on them, which translate to English phrases like, to forgive, innocence cause, and to laugh.

7. Si

This historic staircase in Italy was constructed in 1608 and is made up of many ceramic tiles. Its been used as a backdrop for plenty of festivals and images are illustrated using thousands of flowers or candles.

11. S

Syrian students painted a fantastic pattern on the longest staircase in their town with some very vibrant colors. They hoped that the display would produce joyful feelings in the locals who were undergoing hardships.  But I think there are some really "hot" colors in this.  

The last one makes me dizzy!

Linking to "Pondering" with BYG Adventures.

My grandson Carson is with us sometimes when I am looking for fence pictures.  When he saw this fence riding with his mom, he made her stop the car so he could get this picture with her phone.  Thank you, Carson!

Thanks for hosting, Theresa and Brenda!   Linda Kay

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow, those stairs are something! and way to go, carson! great fence spotting! :)

Lady Lilith said...

How amazing. Such eye for detail.

Janice C said...

I love these photos, amazing!

whiteangel said...

Oh my goodness I have never seen steps like those in your photos...they are indeed lovely.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Great steps, especially the one in Italy!

John @ Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

These are wonderful to see.

Terri said...

Pretty cool!

Janie Junebug said...

San Francisco is a very artsy city, in many ways. When I visited The Hurricane, who lives in the Bay Area, we walked past some bike racks where people could chain and lock their bikes. Some of the racks were covered with brightly colored knitted "socks" of a sort. The Hurricane said, Someone must have been worried the bike racks would get cold.

Love,
Janie

Gail said...

Absolutely amazing but to me the last fence is just as beautiful as the steps, just a different beautiful.

eileeninmd said...

I like these steps, the designs are cool! The piano and Flores are my favorite! Sorry, I am late commenting! Enjoy your week!

Ida said...

Those stairs are amazing aren't they. Love that your grandson found a fence for you.

The Armchair Squid said...

Those are lovely! Tough to pick a favorite but I think I'll go with the ones in Syria.

Wuppertal is quite a funky little city. I've never been myself but I had friends who went to university there and it's a favorite filming location in German cinema. The movie Pina provides many glimpses of the city.

Felicia said...

Oh wow those colorful steps images are great. thanks for sharing.

Anvilcloud said...

Oddly enough I am not seeing the photos.

Tom said...

What a collection of steps!!! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Marie said...

Hi! I'm not sure I've seen your blog before, but was glad to visit today. Love the steps that have the potted roses in a rose design sitting there. Great idea! It's an awesome collection of steps, and the fence is great as well. So, you are in Texas. We used to live in Texas (actually three different times over the years, the last being 5 years in Ledbetter near Giddings)

Gerald (SK14) said...

wonderful steps

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...