Thursday, September 25, 2014

Two More Zoo Critters for a Saturday

Happy Saturday, my friends.  I have just two more zoo critters to share with you and with Eileen for Saturday Critters.  Saturday's CrittersSo next week, I'm going to have to come up with something new to share!



The first is the Giraffe.  I am always fascinated not only at the long neck and long legs, but at the incredible art work on the coat.  I'm sure no two of them are the same, but the pattern is fairly similar.  A beautiful animal.



Isn't she cute?  I'm sure my Australian, Tanzanian, and New Zealand friends are very familiar with these guys.  Some grow quite large, but usually in the zoos they aren't very big.  This mama has a joey in her pouch.  Now I can't swear that this is a kangaroo or a wallaby, so I'm open to clarification.  


Have a wonderful Saturday and weekend.  And again, take some time to go and watch the animals at the zoo.  So delightful.  We are babysitting with our grandson this weekend, so hard to say what is in store for us.  Football is on Saturday (that's touch football. as he is only 7).  The kids wear these bands with strips hanging from them, and the opposing team goes for pulling one of these off instead of tackling.  They are stuck on the bands with Velcro.

Linda Kay

20 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i love that giraffe coat, too. so neat.

The Yum List said...

Really? Roos are found in Tanzania and New Zealand too? I thought we only had them in Australia! I do learn something everyday.

Lin Floyd said...

Six of my seven grandkids come next weekend on their way to Disneyland...but we don't have a local zoo.

Margaret Adamson said...

Love both of these animals. Have a good weekend.

carol l mckenna said...

Love giraffe and kangaroo! Wonderful shots!

Happy day to you ~ artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Adrienne said...

Giraffes have been my favorite since first grade - wrote a "report" on them! This is beautiful - I love that his eyes are closed.

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Beautiful animals! I love the patterns on the giraffe and they have such beautiful eyes.

Mike said...

Flag football is the beginning and the end of your football career. Although I never played it when I was a kid before high school and college, that's how I finished up 30 years ago.

The Armchair Squid said...

Those giraffe markings are stunning. Happy Saturday!

Marie said...

Two wonderful zoo animals! Giraffes are my husband's favorite!

Amy at love made my home said...

Giraffe's really are amazing aren't they, I love the way they run and walk with their great gangly legs. I hope that you are having a great weekend with your grandson. xx

Janice C said...

A bit hard to tell from your photo but generally kangaroos are larger than wallabies. I love giraffes too!

Jeanne said...

Hi Linda Kay,I love the animals you shared today. My fave is the giraffe. they are beautiful animals. However, I once saw a few of them together and the smell was pretty bad. HA!
Have a wonderful week and thank you for the sweet comment.
xo, Jeanne

eileeninmd said...

Hello Linda Kay, I love your animals.. The giraffe is a favorite of mine when visiting the zoo. And the other is a cutie too, whether it is a kangaroo or a wallaby.. Great shots. Thank you for linking up, enjoy your weekend!

Pat said...

Beautiful animals. The giraffe is my favorite zoo animal.

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh I love giraffes! They're my favorite. :-)

Hannah said...

The giraffe does have a very pretty pattern on his coat, God is an awesome artist. I think by contrast this is a kangaroo, #1 person on the meme has a rock wallaby you could check out.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A nice giraffe! Great pictures.

Wandering Wren said...

Just hopping by to admire your Roo too, how could I not when you have one of our iconic Aussie animals with her Joey on display! Of course I'm way more impressed by the giraffe, which is far less common for me, I've always loved their incredibly long eyelashes!
My kids used to love playing Touch Rugby too, it's a great game. I hope you had a wonderful weekend with your grandson!
Wren x

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

Well, you always get my attention with critters! Nice captures, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...