Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Wednesday Wit and Wisdom #3

Tomorrowlady

Our topic for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom for September 24th is:  What is the funniest Halloween costume you have seen or created?  Please share your thoughts on this subject with us.  I'll share a story with you and look forward to your stories as well.

Remember that we are looking for wisdom and wit.  So see if you can give an example of a bit of humor.  You can get full details here, a separate page of my blog.

My Story....the funniest Halloween costume:  Sorry I don't have a picture to share!

I was living in Central Illinois on a street in a small town, where the families were young and the kids had lots of friends to play with.  We decided to have a Halloween costume party at our home, inviting the neighbors.  Two of the older kids were babysitting for all of our younger ones.  We had arranged for an older gentleman to judge the costumes, and everyone was really into the spirit.

The usual costumes arrived, some home made and some purchased with various ugly masks or strange hairpieces.  Then my dear neighbor lady arrived in a darling little pink outfit, her hair in ponytails, a tutu for a skirt, little white socks turned down, black mary janes shoes, and was licking a sucker.  So cute.  So we asked her where her husband was.  Now you have to visualize this fellow.  He was about 5'6 inches tall and a bit of a round shape, but a really fun guy.  He arrived in a diaper with huge diaper pins and with a binky in his mouth!  I thought we would all have a heart attack!  Who would have the nerve to walk across the street and show up at a party dressed (or undressed) like that!?  


Now it's your turn.....



21 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

what a fun couple! :)

Linda said...

Indeed a fun couple!

The Yum List said...

Hee, hee! I think I'd like to have those two as friends. ;-)

orchid Miyako said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
orchid Miyako said...

Wow, Oh My haha; how funny and surprising costume to show up :-) I needed to check the word 'binky' and I could know his extra prop ( hope the right word). As a Japanese, I wish I could have a chance to see the party and the costumes♡♡♡
ps. So sorry for my belated comment. So tied up and pc trouble took my time(^^;)
Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

I made some typo, so sorry for deleting, my friend.

whiteangel said...

My goodness, what a pair...

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Wow! That's a daring pair!

Anonymous said...

They sound like a fun couple.

Beth said...

I love this story. What fun!!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind thoughts and prayers.

Mage said...

Morning Linda Kay....
I finally got here and feel very heroic. Fighting my way through Google+ and actually discovering that you use blogspot was good stuff. :)

My best was the year I went to my daughters party as a bag lady. I filled a shopping cart with trash, and I went to a local thrift store for totally worn out layers. I diidn't smell, but I sure was a sight for anybodies eyes. I have pictures to prove I was something else again.

DeniseinVA said...

Wow, the courage of the man!

bj said...

I'd love neighbors that fun. :)

bj said...

p.s. is there a way we can get to your blog without going thru that google thing?? just wondering. thanks

Janie Junebug said...

Adorable story.

Love,
Janie

Cranberry Morning said...

Haha! That is hilarious. :-)

Michelle F said...

LOL....Love the story.

I remember the year my mom made me a one-eyed monster costume.
I won first place.

Betsy Adams said...

Funny couple, Linda. I would love to have seen the man in a diaper and binky!!!!! Hilarious!!!!

We had a great time in Texas --and you do live in a gorgeous area... I had always heard that the Hill Country area is the prettiest part of Texas... It certainly is!!!!!

I looked up your town --so that I'd know where it is... I've never been there.

Hugs,
Betsy

Janie Junebug said...

I can't remember. Are you still in Texas? Where? Don't tell me if you don't want to reveal too much. I have two sisters in Texas.


Love,
Janie

Grantham Lynn said...

Oh I cracked up! I can't compete. No stories! Thanks for coming by today! About the quilt. No I don't have a long arm. I quilt all my quilts on a domestic machine. It's affordable for me and my clients. I'd love a long arm but they are so expensive. Can't afford! Thanks for again for coming by! Have a wonderful Sunday!

John's Island said...

Hi Linda, Thanks for the smiles! Wishing you a fine week ahead. John

Kay said...

Oh my! That is hilarious! I think the most "original" Halloween costume I made was using a 50 lb rice bag, making holes in the bottom and adding a drawstring at the top for my 3 year old son. We lived in Chicago at the time and our neighbors were perplexed at what his costume was. It was a conversation starter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...