Thursday, September 18, 2014

Willy Nilly Friday Five - Random Ramblings

I'm not much for picking up magazines at the check-out aisle at the grocery story, but thought the O Magazine for October had some interesting articles.  So I picked it up.  And I have some other items to share with you on this Friday post.

#1.  Last Thursday I posted a picture on Facebook for Throwback Thursday that I thought you might enjoy.  This is a picture of my children when they were 1, 3, and 5.  Aren't they just adorable?

#2.  I'm very excited to have 2 book signings coming up in October for my novel, Annie's Love.  You can read the intro on B & N and Amazon, but I wanted to share with you the pictures that are the inspiration for these books I'm writing.  This was given to my grandmother for her wedding shower in 1916 and has been in my family ever since.  It depicts the three stages of love: Mother Love, Puppy Love, Accepted Love, Binding Love and Dying Love.  The first book is Mother Love, the second is in the works.  If you would like a signed copy of Annie's Love, just send me a note.  The artist was C Clyde Squires.

#3.  Thanks to all who joined in for links and discussion on Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  Check out the page on my blog for the next topic, and I'll also post it on Monday.  Some great thoughts on dieting or non-dieting, and some real success stories on weight control, something we all need to keep in mind.  Exercise, portion control seem to be most folks solutions.  The magazine also has some ideas for "Pretend Pasta" which make sense.

#4. Do you wear books?  I'm not talking about the rain boots or hiking boots, but boots to wear with your favorite outfit.  

This pair is on the web at Norstrom's, and looks pretty comfy.  I have seen lots of different styles with this short boot style, some with really high heels.  I'm thinking about getting a pair of cowgirl boots, since I don't have a decent pair.  And I do live in Texas!  

What I have observed to be really ugly on almost all the models is those half boots that are black with really high heels worn with dresses.  I think it's ugly and not very feminine, but that's just me.  What do you think of them?  

I also have a couple of pairs of calf length boots that have side zippers and I do enjoy wearing them when it's pretty cool out.  

In Texas you are going to see boots in all kinds of seasons, not just fall and winter.  The cute thing this summer was the young girls with slim figures with lacy shorts and boots.

#5.  O Magazine has a section of "Own your Quirks, Love your Flaws, Celebrate Your Style", that I found pretty funny.  One in particular was, "During sex I pretend that my boyfriend is a dentist."  OMG, that would be the last thing I'd be thinking!  And I leave you with this quote: "Personality is an act of high courage flung in the face of life."  Carl Jung

Have a fabulous Friday.  Linking to Willy Nilly Friday Five.  Thanks for hosting!


Around Roanoke

Linda Kay

15 comments:

Celia said...

Congrats on your book and hope your signings are successful. Must be fun to meet the readers who have committed to your book by buying. Those pictures are wonderful.

The Yum List said...

Oh wow! You're going to be a published author! That's awesome.

whiteangel said...

I do like the photo of your children :)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Such lovely children, and at adorable ages

TexWisGirl said...

awesome on the book signings! i like the stages of love print that you're using for inspiration. dentist - no...

:)

Lin Floyd said...

I use my husband's boots from Texas as door stops into our office...lol! Love your vintage picture series. I'm looking for one my grandmother had years ago of a young girl as a baby then child, bride, mother and grandmother. Have you seen anything like that in your travels?

Tom said...

Linda, I just wear old work boots. Tom The Backroads Traveller

W. Latane Barton said...

I am excited for you about your book. I will look it up on Amazon and get me a copy.

Janice C said...

Congratulations on your book and I'm sure you will have fun at the book signings.

Tanya Breese said...

what a sweet photo of your "babies"!!! and wow, how exciting about the book signings!! congrats!! have a great weekend and thank you for linking :)

Michelle F said...

Congratulations on your book signings.
Enjoy your weekend!

Marie said...

Book signings! How wonderful! Your inspiration for the book is also wonderful. My Mom is having her book published even as we speak...check her out, Living Life on Main Street, on my sidebar.

Saucy Kodz said...

I wear hiking boots a lot, for walking comfort here on the east coast; then I have my fishin' boots. I do have a pair of cowboy boots, much smaller heel which I like n just gettin' ready to rob a train olde cowboy style. I become a gun totting Marshall for a day - all in fun and all for charity. 200+ folks on a train just waitin at Watts Junction this Friday for us to board the train and have lots of fun - rain or shine. There are all kinds of Canadian Cowboys n Girls round here and its a super fun day. Congratulations of your Book and much success and joy at your two book signings. Keep writing. lol from the East

Rose said...

I LOVE your last quote..I am not a boot wearer...but that is just me. I do like them on other people...don't know how anyone wears spike heels on any type of shoe....I get uncomfortable just looking at them, while at the same time being a bit envious that they can and do wear them. I couldn't have walked good in them when I was young, much less now.

Kay said...

Oh my yes! Your children were adorable! And I'll bet they still are. No boots in Hawaii except if you're taking line dancing. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...