Tuesday, October 14, 2014

#100 Celebration



Yea!  Let's celebrate with Josie 2 Shoes for her 100th edition of Two Shoes Tuesday!  We can pick any words we want to use to write about from Josie's listings on a separate page of her blog.  So today, I'm using "first" and "last".
Two Shoes Tuesdsay
Contemplating first or last,
Which one shall I be?
To be the first at anything
Is not usually a place for me.

It's fun to see what others do
When writing on a blog.
Maybe there's a special cat
And sometimes a favorite dog.

The writers write creative things,
Poems or quotes from their books.
The movie buffs do great reviews
And invite us to take a look.

Some take amazing pictures
Of travels and great views.
And some do commentary
On the latest, greatest news.

And then there are the challenges
With memes for every day.
If you're first, you don't see others
And if last, they've gone away.

So congratulations, Josie 2 Shoes
On your 100th writing theme.
I'm staying in the middle...
Not first or last on your meme.

Be sure to check in with Josie to write your entry!

Linda Kay.

20 comments:

Romi C said...

Thank you for sharing a wonderful poem, Linda.

And thank you for your kind comments on my blog.

eileeninmd said...

Cute poem, Linda Kay! and congrats to Josie! Have a happy day!

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, I'd say you were first with the poetry. :-) Thanks for your comments on my blog. John

TexWisGirl said...

very clever. loved it. :)

Brenda Gladden said...

Great Post Linda

Mike said...

The middle is a nice place to be.

Zoe Byrd said...

Nice poem! i love looking at others blogs for many of those reasons you mentioned... i myself usually have the favorite dog thing going on! LOL!

Mage said...

Just delightful. I'm sitting here grinning neither first or last.

Crystal Collier said...

Hah! That was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Michelle F said...

Hi Linda Kay,

I love the poem and oh so true.

Enjoy your day!

Janie Junebug said...

What a great poem. It's cheerful.

Love,
Janie

DeniseinVA said...

That's a wonderful poem, a real smile bringer :)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A really nice poem; it is so optimistic!

oldegg said...

I agree being the last gets you the fewest readers and there's a lot of blogs to plow through!

Michelle F said...

Linda Kay,

Thanks for the invite :)

Actually we are looking to make a big move summer 2015. Hubby asked me if I would like to move to Texas, Florida, S.C., or Wilmington,N.C. So far I told him Wilmington. He is an EEG tech and would have to move where they are hiring. Presently a hospital in Wilmington is hiring. However, we want our son to finish this year of college. God knows where we'll move to.

Have a great evening!

Josie Two Shoes said...

Linda Kay! What a delightful surprise to find this clever poem about blogging! I loved your comment on memes... "If you're first, you don't see others; And if last, they've gone away". That's exactly how it is! :-) You definitely made me smile with this great post, and I thank you for your participation in our special edition of Two Shoes Tuesday! :-)

Rory Bore said...

brilliantly done!! :)

Val said...

What a wonderful poem in honor of a wonderful celebration. I know what you mean about first and last, but you know, I always try to visit every page in a blog hop. No matter when I link up. I do like reading all sorts of blogs - travel, recipes, online journals, creative writing, reviews. That's the fun of it, in addition, of course, to the writing part. Again, nice poem, Linda Kay

Patricia said...

Very clever. Bloggers are interesting folks.

carolann said...

I am having a peek. Very nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...