Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Albert Outdoors on Wednesday

I think this is the first time I've joined the Southern Day Dreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.  

Outdoor Wednesday logo

So today I'm sharing with you the big town of Albert, Texas.   



You probably need a Texas sense of humor.  You can read all about it on this sign, but probably need to enlarge it.  Albert is tiny, tiny, but it has a big dance hall.  Every Wednesday night, there is a band playing in the "Historic Dance Hall", and folks come from miles around to dance the Texas Two Step and the Texas Waltz.  Hubby and I are taking lessons for these now, so we may be making a trip out here specifically for practice.


This trailer is parked near the dance hall.  Funny!


And here is the dance hall...the historic Albert Dance Hall.  The town is located on Rt 1623.

There you have it - an Outdoor and History experience. 

Have a great hump day!

Linda Kay

17 comments:

Michelle F said...

I love tiny towns.
For a while I lived in Tampa, biggest place I have lived.
For most of my life I've lived in tiny towns.
If hubby takes a job in Wilmington, N.C. we plan to live in an outlying area.

Thanks for sharing a part of Texas with us!

Cynthia said...

I love the dance hall. I bet some fun times happen there!

Janie Junebug said...

I think it would be fun to learn how to dance, but I'm very clumsy.

Love,
Janie

TexWisGirl said...

sounds like a place with character. :)

orchid Miyako said...

Oh, I have a faint memory that my late father mentioned he loved to go to dance hall when young (probably more than 60 years ago).
Thanks for making me think about him today again, Linda. He sure was a outdoor lover guy. I was on his motorbike's back and took me around when very little, fond memory with him.
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

Mike said...

Wikipedia says the dance hall is 'under renovation'.

DeniseinVA said...

I bet that is a great place to dance the Texas Two Step. I wonder if it is anything like the North Dakota Stomp ;)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It looks like a fun place!

whiteangel said...

The dance hall, how lovely, I like it.

skookumtimes said...

I love the signpost and the dance hall hosting a dance once a week. I hope you get to a dance. I have many relatives in Eastern Oregon and have been to dances in some of the small ranch towns. It's always an experience.

Linda said...

Great post, Linda, thanks for sharing this. My father's name was Albert. :)

Nonnie said...

I love the small town dances whether in a hall or on the street! Gruene Hall is another good one in Texas.

Nonnie said...

And Happy Wednesday to you!!

Terri said...

That sign is a hoot. I think the smaller the town, the more character it seems to have, don't you? Y'all be careful doin' that two step..it can get tricky! :)

Friko said...

Looks like an old village hall. Going to the hop would be fun.

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you enjoy the dancing! xx

Rory Bore said...

I'd love to go two stepping in Texas!! that would be so awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...