Thursday, October 9, 2014

Friday Octoberfest and Art Walk

Not sure I'll link in to anyone's meme today, but wanted to share with you the Friday Night Art Walk from last Friday in Fredericksburg.  The 3rd of October was also the start of the Octoberfest, so there were huge crowds of folks in town for beer and oom-pah music.  There were some really outstanding displays, so I'll share a few with you for your dose of culture on a Friday.

A sculpture at the Whistle Pik Gallery.  We had a nice chat with the owner.
This one is especially for you cat folks out there.  I love still life, but this one is almost alive, don't you think?  I captured the name of the artist for you.


Larry Jackson has a wonderful store with consignments, antiques and artwork.  We found this table and hutch very intriguing.


Jerry liked this quail sculpture at the Hannah Gallery.  It's especially unique with the chicks and the blooming cactus.  Margaritas anyone?



The above two were taken at the Insight Gallery.  You can click on the link to see the name of this artist who did the most magnificent job of capturing folds in the clothes in all these ladies.  


Also, for you country gals, this rooster in painted bronze.  It was really perfect in every detail.  I have no idea how they do this so perfectly.  

Hope you enjoyed the art walk.  If you are interested in looking at more that are available at these art stores, please click on the links and check them out.  We have a wonderful community of top class artists in Fredericksburg.


Finally, just a quick video of only a small portion of the crowd at the Octoberfest...we cleared out as soon as possible, after visiting with a few friends.

Have a wonderful Friday

Linda Kay

11 comments:

Bethany Carson said...

Enjoyed the artwork! I especially liked the cat and the three ladies on horses!

The Yum List said...

What intricate carvings on that cabinet.

biebkriebels said...

I like those art walks along some galleries. Always nice to look what is around.

whiteangel said...

The art walk is lovely. Thanks for sharing

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Nice sty work, especially the quail sculpture and rooster bronze.

Lin Floyd said...

what a fun gallery!

TexWisGirl said...

love the paintings and sculptures of all kinds! beautiful talent!

Cranberry Morning said...

I loved the art walk. Would love to have been there in person!

Michelle F said...

Thank you for posting the art walk.
I especially like the art of the cat, the three horses and their riders and I like the rooster.

Blessings to you!

Rory Bore said...

I love that table and hutch!! gorgeous.
these places are so interesting - love walking through them.

Amy at love made my home said...

They are all beautiful, I think that my favourites are the horse and the cockerel, they are stunning to me! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...