It's Friday, and I've had a long week filled with fun and adventure. So thought I might share a couple of thoughts with you for Willy Nilly Friday.
1. As you know if you have been reading the blog, we enjoyed a fabulous weekend in Arizona with some very dear friends. The ladies in this picture with me have been friends since the 80s when we all attended church together in Morton, IL. We reminisced about old times, shared frustrations and joys about our children, and laughed hysterically about crazy things in our memories. This picture was taken at the Queen Creek Olive Mill where we sampled olive oil and lunched on cheeses, olives and salami's and salads.
2. Since we have been doing lots of travel, and using our credit card pretty much at full speed to accumulate points, we got a special offer from the card company to raise our credit limit. Not sure we need to do this, as we never max out the card, but I suppose it doesn't make a difference. Any thoughts on increasing the credit limit that is already $12,000?
3. Style show...Our subdivision is sponsoring a "Hats Off to Fashion" Style Show. There is a charge for the luncheon that will yield about $5 per ticket to go for our Breast Cancer Fund. We cover the neighborhood for donations later, but this will go into our kitty as a fund-raiser. I have a giant blue hat to wear to the luncheon, so will have to post a selfie for you.
4. Plans are in the works among our family to all get together in Texas for Christmas holidays. My three granddaughters and two of the boyfriends will be driving to Texas from Illinois on Christmas Day, along with my son and his wife and two kids about the same time. My older daughter has a big house, where all will stay for several days. There will be food, fun and presents for sure, so we are all holding our breath that us Texans will get to spend some holiday with the family. I talked to my son this morning. He and his wife are working on getting their house ready to sell, as they are actually moving to Texas next spring/summer. If all goes well, I'll have all three kids within about an hour. I'm elated!
5. This picture was taken from the patio of one of our group's homes (one couple lives in Arizona full time, another just part time). Sunsets and sunrises are probably the most beautiful times of day. When you can sit in solitude and observe these times of day, the benefits are immeasurable.
That's it for this Friday. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Be sure to share your thoughts with Tanya for Willy Nilly Friday 5!