Thursday, October 23, 2014

Friday Reflections

It's Friday, and I've had a long week filled with fun and adventure.  So thought I might share a couple of thoughts with you for Willy Nilly Friday.


1.  As you know if you have been reading the blog, we enjoyed a fabulous weekend in Arizona with some very dear friends.  The ladies in this picture with me have been friends since the 80s when we all attended church together in Morton, IL. We reminisced about old times, shared frustrations and joys about our children, and laughed hysterically about crazy things in our memories.  This picture was taken at the Queen Creek Olive Mill  where we sampled olive oil and lunched on cheeses, olives and salami's and salads.

2.  Since we have been doing lots of travel, and using our credit card pretty much at full speed to accumulate points, we got a special offer from the card company to raise our credit limit.  Not sure we need to do this, as we never max out the card, but I suppose it doesn't make a difference.  Any thoughts on increasing the credit limit that is already $12,000?

3.  Style show...Our subdivision is sponsoring a "Hats Off to Fashion" Style Show.  There is a charge for the luncheon that will yield about $5 per ticket to go for our Breast Cancer Fund.  We cover the neighborhood for donations later, but this will go into our kitty as a fund-raiser.  I have a giant blue hat to wear to the luncheon, so will have to post a selfie for you.

4.  Plans are in the works among our family to all get together in Texas for Christmas holidays.  My three granddaughters and two of the boyfriends will be driving to Texas from Illinois on Christmas Day, along with my son and his wife and two kids about the same time.  My older daughter has a big house, where all will stay for several days.  There will be food, fun and presents for sure, so we are all holding our breath that us Texans will get to spend some holiday with the family.  I talked to my son this morning.  He and his wife are working on getting their house ready to sell, as they are actually moving to Texas next spring/summer.  If all goes well, I'll have all three kids within about an hour.  I'm elated!



5.  This picture was taken from the patio of one of our group's homes (one couple lives in Arizona full time, another just part time).  Sunsets and sunrises are probably the most beautiful times of day.  When you can sit in solitude and observe these times of day, the benefits are immeasurable.

That's it for this Friday.  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  Be sure to share your thoughts with Tanya for Willy Nilly Friday 5!
Around Roanoke
Linda Kay

23 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

How wonderful to get together with your friends and great news that you and your family will be within an hour of each other. Loved the photos,

biebkriebels said...

You weahter looks greet to have a meeting with old friends. I had one a few years ago with a highschool reunion

Saucy Kodz said...

How nice it is to gather with olde friends and catch up. I know I enjoy the time when I do and there is certainly lots of laughter. Very warm post - feel good writing. Have a wonderful day.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

As you may know I lived in Tucson for ten years...I loved the Sonoran desert and the surrounding mountains. We also have 5 olive trees in our back yard.

So, you'll have more Texans by this time next year. Your holidays sound wonderful.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

ps...sorry, that should read "HAD" 5 olive trees instead of have.

Lin Floyd said...

off to a writer's workshop this weekend, hope to seel some of my books!

Tanya Breese said...

oh the olive mill sounds super, i'd love to sample all of that! nice group photo, what fun! i am jealous of your big christmas family get together, i love that...what special memories everyone will make! thank you for linking and have a great weekend!...beautiful sky photo too :)

TexWisGirl said...

love, love that sky! sounds like you had a wonderful time with friends and now have wonderful family time to look forward to!

i keep a higher limit on my card - have used that much only once to pay medical bills. as long as they have good fraud protection, i don't see a problem with a higher limit. this place has been VERY good about catching fraudulent activity and crediting it back w/o trouble.

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely photos! Your plans for the holidays sound fun!

Michelle F said...

Lovely pictures of you ladies.

I wouldn't know anything about credit cards. Other than we went bankrupt using them.

Sounds like your family is going to have a fun Christmas with lots of memories.

Have a great weekend!

William Kendall said...

What a gorgeous sunset!

Tom said...

Wonderful sky shot. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Cynthia said...

Beautiful sunset! We seem to have more vibrant sunrises than sunsets, for some reason.
Since you use your credit card for travel, one thing I have thought about is a medical emergency, especially when I'm traveling abroad. I want to make sure that I have enough to get treatment, extra expenses for a longer stay, or get myself home available on a card. Those kind of expenses add up fast.

Gosia k said...

Yes you are right sunsets and sunrises are the most beautiful periods of the day...

Mike said...

The amount of available credit you have goes against your credit score. So increasing your limit will lower your score a little. If you don't need it, don't do it.

Janie Junebug said...

It must be nice to get together with old friends. I can't remember the last time I did that. I have a credit card with a limit of 20k. I seldom use it. I think of it as my emergency card. I am fortunate to have very good credit.

Love,
Janie

Terri said...

That's so neat that you all still get together! Not sure about the credit limit deal..I wouldn't..just because it hurts my feelings to give the credit company all that interest! I think what Mike says above is correct.

Linda said...

Awesome sunset! And it is always so nice to have friends close by.

Ida said...

How wonderful to have that group of friends to spend time with.
Loved your pretty sunset.

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, I don't know if I've told you or not, but I'm a native Texan. Ha ha. Yes, so I do hope you will be able to enjoy Christmas with your family in Texas. Right around Christmas is a time of the year I like to visit Texas! Now, that last photo in this post ... love it! ... is it just my imagination in overdrive or do you see the big bird in the clouds? Beautiful capture! John PS Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.

Mrs4444 said...

Hello! I landed on your blog while looking for the Linda Kay who commented on my blog recently. I assume it wasn't you, but I'm glad to "meet" you, because it appears your post also fits with the Friday meme I host, Friday Fragments. If your interested, check out the Friday Fragments tab on my blog.

As for your post, I love that your and your friends from way back still get together. Also, I can only imagine what it would be like to have my (two) kids (and future grandkids) far away from each other, but I guess that's the way it goes these days. Also, I thinks it's great that your subdivision is so organized; what a fantastic idea.

Have a great weekend.

Mrs4444 said...

Wait a second...the Linda Kay who commented on my blog once mentioned living in Texas--Maybe it IS you?! :)

Also, what I meant to add is that you could easily ALSO link up to Friday Fragments with your Willy Nilly post.

Rory Bore said...

So nice to have a lovely group of ladies to create great memories.
And yes - we need to see the hat selfie! :)
beautiful pic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...