Sunday, October 26, 2014

Las Cruces, Along the Way West

From where we are in Texas, it is a long, long drive across Texas and into New Mexico.  We decided to make a stop in Las Cruces, New Mexico for an overnighter and were there early enough to go to dinner. 


On I-10 headed west, the speed limit is usually 80.  Note that the sign appears to be leaning backward from all the speeding vehicles!  

There are wide open spaces between the towns along the way and lots of desert with a few mountains thrown in as you reach El Paso.  Then I-10 heads just a bit north into New Mexico where the time changes.





In New Mexico

Very Dry with Snake Warnings

Dinner was delicious at this restaurant - La Posta de Mesilla (the street it's on)


Unusual decor


Strange Rock formations like boulders just before we crossed into Arizona.

Have a great week and a fabulous Monday.  Linking with Blue Monday with all this sky!  Thanks for hosting, Sally.

Linda Kay

18 comments:

whiteangel said...

Thanks for the nice tour.
Like the snake sign.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I-10 looks interesting in New Mexico.

Red or green chile?

Lin Floyd said...

I've been on that road...it's a long drive from Utah to Texas...

TexWisGirl said...

very pretty, rough terrain. and now i'm really craving tex mex...

Revrunner said...

Funny! I wonder what you do if your car won't do 80mph? :-)

Nonnie said...

DH loves an 80 mph sign. It means he can drive 85!
I've never seen a snake warning sign before. It would make me very nervous thinking of the possibility of someone being stranded out there. Pretty negative thought, huh?
Very nice pics of the rock formations. And Mexican food, too! That looked like a cool place to eat.

Michelle F said...

Oh, My! 80 mph...as my eyes do a double-take..LOL

I don't like going 65. Guess I would be the slowest driver on the road. What would be the slowest you can go?

I just love picture tours of places I will probably never be able to visit.

Thanks for the tour!

SmilingSally said...

Hi Linda Kay,

What a lovely road trip. Thanks for sharing your blues.

I'm looking forward to reading your comment on my blue Cinderella post. Please come back.

Happy Blue Monday!

Mage said...

Just wonderful. Thanks.

Val said...

What lovely photos. Looks like you spent some time enjoying your road trip. Blue skies always lift my spirits.

Gosia k said...

lovely landscape. I love the rocks so huge and fantastic..

Mike said...

I've never seen a snake warning sign before.

Jeanne said...

Hi Linda, I am so glad you are having a great trip. I remember those rattlesnake warnings when we traveled out West. It really scared me. However, we never saw one.

I have been out of town so please forgive me for not visiting and commenting. We are home now and happy to be here.

Be safe.
xo,
Jeanne

Cynthia said...

That rattlesnake sign would certainly give one pause! Beautiful sky and rocks in your last photo. Glad you are enjoying your adventure.

Janie Junebug said...

I don't like the snake warning. I think I'll stay home. I've heard that some cities in New Mexico are very artsy.

Love,
Janie

The Yum List said...

Funny, I was just in Australia and there were brown snake warning everywhere too!

Marie said...

Looks like some of our travels! Wonderful shots! I've seen a sign like the one you show with the rattlesnake...found the comment about the 80 mph sign so funny! :-)

Rory Bore said...

I am sick in bed with cold this week, and so behind in blog reading -- so it's so lovely that I get to take a trip some place fascinating with you. from my bed. cause I am not getting up today. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...