Friday, October 3, 2014

Scavenger Hunt Sunday Finds

It's been a long time since I've been on a scavenger hunt, so this was really fun to try to find the themes for this week at Scavenger Hunt Sunday



#1.  Autumn
Having grown up on a farm in Central Illinois, I always think of harvesting the crops when Autumn comes around.  Brother Dave sent me these pictures from the current harvest.  The first is of his gigantic combine cutting the soybeans in the field, the second picture is of loading the semi with the beans that will go to the seed bean company.  Some of you will remember this truck from a scene previously posted with a deer hanging out of the passenger window!


#2.  Leaves
Since we don't really have changing leaves in Texas until probably later this month or into November, I did find this Sumac growing along a fence row.  I believe this is also poisonous, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I thought it very interesting.

#3.  Boots
What do you suppose is the story on this unusual find, stuck on a fence?  Was someone trying to dry it out maybe?  Any other ideas?


#4.  Hot Beverage
Got to have my morning coffee, so this is in the corner near my refrigerator.  I'm the only one in the house who drinks coffee, so I have to make one cup at a time.  The mug is from the Dr. Pepper Museum in Waco, the coffee is San Antonio Cafe.


#5.  Game
There are actually two card games, somewhat related, that we really enjoy.  One is Hand and Foot, the other is Canasta.  This automatic shuffler (six decks) is great and saves on the knuckles for shuffling.   The carrier is for two sections...one for the cards that are face down and one for the cards that are face up.  Any other Canasta players out there?

There you have it...My Scavenger Hunt!

Linda Kay

15 comments:

Marie said...

Wonderful scavenger hunt finds! Love the sumac.

TexWisGirl said...

there's a few old boots hung on fences around here, too. not sure why, either. :)

Mike said...

I can even remember the last time I did a scavenger hunt.

The Yum List said...

I have to have my morning coffee too!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Did they put the boots there to dry them out?

John's Island said...

Hi Linda, Very cool post. Gotta have my morning coffee just like you. :-) Thanks for your comments on my blog. Have a good day! John

Mary said...

I thought about Texas while I was driving around trying to find Fall leaves in CA!

Tamar SB said...

I love my keurig too since i live alone, perfect for one cup at a time!

Ida said...

What a fun hunt. I always find it fascinating to see farmers in their fields during harvest.
That was a cool find with the boot on the fence.
The Sumac is really pretty.
Hubby usually makes coffee here, we have a huge pot, the type you used at churches for large crowds.
Never played Canasta but that card shuffler is pretty cool looking. Never seen one of those either.

Amy at love made my home said...

Good finds! I have no idea though if Sumac is poisonous or not! xx

Bethany Carson said...

The sumac's leaves are beautiful! I have been having the same problem trying to find good fall foliage to photograph here in Iowa. Seems I'll have to wait at least 1 more week.

Monica said...

Great photos. We have a Keurig too, but sometimes I miss having a regular old coffee maker. Especially when it's cold and I want more than one cup a day! I LOVE your Dr. Pepper mug!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Have to say all are great photos--
my favorite is the boot on the fence post-how cute!!
and last Christmas I got me that same coffee maker--only mine is for tea!!!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Hmmmm, may be time to drag out the Keurig here, as well. I drink coffee but it'd be nice to have other options. When I make a half pot of coffee...probably one third pot... I drink "most" and the rest gets poured down the drain. Time to stop that wastefulness. Thanks for the reminder!

Michelle F said...

My husband is the only one that drinks coffee here. But, he won't let me buy him a Keurig. Says those itty bitty coffee's are just too expensive.

Oh, I love those card shufflers.
I play UNO on Thursday's and that little machine does wonders.

Have a great night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...