Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Slide, Slide, Slide

Good Friends, I will be posting along my route to Arizona and back in the next few days.  I may not have a chance to comment on all your posts on your blogs, but I'll be back!  We are spending a few days with some dear friends from Illinois.  Thanks for stopping by.

Sometimes it's really a challenge to come up with just the right discourse on the words Brenda comes up with.  Today's word is "slide"... hmmmm



Well, the first thing that comes to mind is the slide at the playground.  How may of us don't remember the slide on the playground, and those kids who used to push the younger ones down ahead of them.  Then when our own kids were sliding, we had to stand at the bottom to catch them.  There were always some mulch or some sand at the bottom for softer landings.  But there were many a scraped knee.  


McDonald's brought in a whole new adventure with it's playgrounds in the restaurants.  Did you know you can buy McDonald's equipment on the net?  Check this out.


Here's my favorite little baseball player getting ready to throw out a guy who is trying to slide into first base!


Many of you will remember this little machine.  With the old 35mm cameras, we used to create these wonderful slides that we could display on a blank wall with this slide projector.  The carousel would hold a large number of slides, and with the click of a button, you could advance through the slides to tell the story of your trip.  Hubby took some fabulous pictures of a trip we took back in the 90s to Russia, Czech Republic and Poland, and these are all on slides.  We have since given away the projector and carousels, but we still have all those pictures on slides.  I'll put the conversion of these to a disk on my "to do" list.

And my last thought is for the people who just seem to be content to slide by through life.  There is a greater degree of not taking responsibility for activity or even non-activity.  What's your theory or commentary on "sliding by?"

Linking with BYG Adventures.  Thanks for hosting, Brenda!

Linda Kay

23 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

enjoy time with your friends - let blogging 'slide'. ;)

Bethany Carson said...

Enjoyed your post! I loved the slides as a child (and my parents were kind enough to catch me)...plus I really enjoyed McDonalds' playgrounds!!

My grandparents have a lot of slides, and a few years ago we found a slide projector to look through them. It was fun listening to their memories and seeing photos from when my dad was a child and even from when Grandpa was a soldier during the Korean War. We're hoping to bring the slides out again this Thanksgiving.

Janie Junebug said...

Sliding by usually leads to more work later on. Your favorite baseball player looks so determined. I'm (almost) tempted to McDonald's playground equipment in my front yard and treat it as an art installation. Good thing I can't afford it! I hope you have a great trip.

Love,
Janie

Mike said...

My sister and I have tons of slides from back in the day. I think there is a slide projector around here somewhere too.

Betsy Adams said...

Love your choices for 'slide'... We had that old slide projector--and still have tons of pictures on the old slides. I would love to get them made into photos on CD.....

Have fun with your friends.
Hugs,
Betsy

whiteangel said...

Have fun as I am sure you will.

Hilary said...

have a great trip!

Saucy Kodz said...

Slink away into the sunset and slide your way into an adventure. Have fun. Cute post. I liked this. Have a wonderful holiday.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Have a great trip!

retired not tired said...

Have a wonderful trip! Don't slip and slide your way through.

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, Have a great time on your trip and no worries about the blog! Thank you for your kind comments. Have a good day! John

Lin Floyd said...

you pretty much covered slide...have fun visiting friends...

Brenda Gladden said...

loved this post Linda.
I think that people that try to 'slide by' and then complain are lazy

Thanks for pondering with me

DeniseinVA said...

A good take on the word slide. We need to convert slides too. It has been on our list for too long :)

DeniseinVA said...

p.s. Happy traveling :)

Mage said...

Have fun sliding out and back.

Cranberry Morning said...

Love the little aspiring baseball player! And personally, I don't think we should waste life by just letting it 'slide' by. Nice post!

Gail said...

Have a great trip. Enjoy and worry about blogging when you return.

Rory Bore said...

I do love the slides - it's the best part of the park I think. But it drives me crazy when the kids all try to go UP the slide!! especially those covered ones, and then you have to climb on in yourself to get them unstuck of the heap. or, an injury happens because one is going down and another is going up. gggrrrr.
I think I am sliding a bit in life right now.. not a lot, but there is definitely more "coast" then "focus" right now. Time to swing into action! :)

The Yum List said...

Enjoy your trip - safe travels!

Nonnie said...

You did an excellent job with the word slide. I remember my aunt's very high slide and we would take a sheet of wax paper, sit on it and it made the slide faster. Enjoy your trip with your friends. Your baseball player is cute and has good form!

orchid Miyako said...

Oh, I was impressed with your favorite baseball player trying to throw a good ball to a runner and McDonald slide :-)
I DO reminisce the days I played with slide, Linda♡♡♡

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Michelle F said...

I enjoyed sliding as a child, but my most favorite was swinging. In elementary school we had a very high slide which, at that time, the teachers would allow us to slide down on our belly's. However, they were forever scolding those daredevils that tried to walk down.

I didn't know a person could buy McDonald's products online. But then again you can buy just about anything online.

I do remember those little slide machines. My sister had one with all our slides of when we were young. I need to ask her whatever happened to all that stuff. I would love to see those pictures again.

Have a fun weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...