Saturday, October 11, 2014

Sunday Social-Blogging Questions

Linking today with Neely at A Complete Waste of Makeup - She should be heading out on her honeymoon!  Be sure to visit to find out about the answers to the questions.

How did you come up with your blog name?
This was pretty easy, but I wish I could shorten it now.  My blog is Senior Adventures, as my hubby and I like to find new and interesting things, and my writing name is Linda Kay, so therefore: senioradventureswithlindakay.  So original, I can't stand it!  Ha!

What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Another easy answer...so many new friends from all over the world.  My world just got smaller because of the blog.

What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now can't live without?
I'm on the blog almost every day to see what everyone is posting.  So now I am afraid I'm going to miss out on some beautiful picture, a special recipe, or just some lovely poem or story.

Facebook or Twitter? and why?
I'm on Facebook, haven't yet joined on Twitter.  Maybe some of my friends are out there and I need to find them, right?

If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be?
Let's see, okay Julia Roberts.  I want her to read the blog, find my novel and decide she wants to make a movie out of it.  But what would I do with the celebrity?  We all have to have a dream, right?

What is something you want people to know about your blog?
I want my blog to always be interesting, not too long, so people will take the time to read it, maybe get a chuckle.  I will always maintain a positive attitude.  Although we can all share on the blog sites, I want people to know that when they come to mine, they won't feel they have to commiserate or feel sorry for me.  Now in a crisis that would be another thing.  I'm always open to prayers if I were to have a major illness, as many of my blogger friends have done.  But as a general rule....all positive.

Thoughts?  That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :-)
I wish we had emoticons like on IPhone.  Maybe we do, and you need to tell me where to find them.  I can see where you can copy and image, but I want to just be able to click on it like on my phone.

Have a blessed Sunday.  Going to a special Sunday Service in Austin on Sunday, then out to dinner and maybe a movie with some good friends.
Linda Kay

13 comments:

Bethany Carson said...

Enjoyed reading your answers!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Interesting answers! I stay real on my blog..which might be cranky, happy or a tad sad:):)

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Linda Kay.... I'm on Facebook and love it.. You can friend me at Betsy Banks Adams (if you want to)... ha

I love blogging and have blogged since 2006. I have tons of great friends and meet as many as I can in person.

BUT--blogging itself has changed (in my opinion). I love the personal aspect of blogging (getting to know the people/their families/their interests, etc. These days, it seems that bloggers don't have or take the time to 'really' read blogs like they used to. Everyone is SO busy... Times have changed, haven't they?

Hugs,
Betsy

Lin Floyd said...

enjoying your blog at 1 am while I can't sleep...lol!

whiteangel said...

Interesting.
I really don't care for FB, I prefer Twitter. We are all different.

eileeninmd said...

I enjoyed this post, blogging is a fun way to meet people around the world.. I am on facebook and twitter, but I rarely use twitter.. Have a happy Sunday!

Wandering Wren said...

Hi Linda
I love reading your answers and reading your blog and your positivity!
I love my twitter also. For someone who like to waffle on a bit I enjoy limiting myself to 140 characters it is a real challenge.
I agree, the best bit of blogging is making the connections.
Have a wonderful week.
Wren x

The Armchair Squid said...

I'm delighted to have been one of those friends you've found! Here's hoping Ms. Roberts finds you, too...

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I started back in 2010, so I'm still new. Encountering new, nice people online and becoming friends makes my time special.

I don't Facebook. I try to be humorous, but sometimes it's a pratfall! Funny ain't easy!

Amy at love made my home said...

It was great to read a bit more about you and your blogging, how great would it be if anyone famous found and read your book and made a film!! xx

The Yum List said...

Blogging is a little bit addictive isn't it?

Mike said...

I started blogging back in 2006, maybe 2005. The reason I'm not sure is that after blogging for some unknown amount of months I decided to quit. I deleted my old blog but not until I save my posts for myself. Then I decided I shouldn't have done that and reposted most of my original posts in July 2006. The rest is history.

Michelle F said...

Hi Linda Kay!

I enjoyed reading your answers.
Wouldn't it be wonderful for Julia Roberts to make a movie from your book!

Have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...