Monday, October 20, 2014

Universe vs Stupidity

I listened to a speaker this week who referred to Einstein as saying:  "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."  I found this research on the  subject.  Obviously there is some question as to whether Einstein actually said this, but let's just talk about stupidity for a moment.



Ever heard of Larry Walters and the Lawn Chair Pilot?  Here is the Wikipedia Story, so be sure to read the entire story to see what you think.  Basically, he attached a large number of helium filled balloons to a lawn chair, loaded up some food and drink and was launched into the air.  He went much higher than expected and was charged with interfering with airplane traffic, etc.  After the incident, he even had a short stint as a speaker about his motivation and experience.  

What's that quote from Forest Gump?  Stupid is as stupid does?

What is the stupidest think you have heard of?  Let's all have a chuckle today.


Have a great Wednesday!

Linda Kay

7 comments:

Bethany Carson said...

Ha! That's pretty interesting!

TexWisGirl said...

the bank robbers that write their 'give me all the money' demands on the back of their own deposit slips always get me...

Lin Floyd said...

politics!

Janie Junebug said...

When I was in high school I had a boyfriend who did something pretty bad. He said it was okay because he knew that God forgave him. So let's all do whatever we want because God will forgive us! ;-)

Love,
Janie

Nonnie said...

There are so many stupid things going on right now and it all has to do with politics. That's all I'm going to say about that!

Pretty dumb, but I guess he found out it worked.

Michelle F said...

I heard about this guy, but couldn't believe it.
It's funny what some people will do for attention.
I hope he enjoyed his small stint as a speaker.

Have a great night!

Amy at love made my home said...

I agree, there seems to be no bound to human stupidity at times!! Some people are just blessed with amazing amounts of stupidity! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...