Saturday, November 29, 2014

Father Christmas/Santa

I've started decorating for Christmas, so my sweet Father Christmas has to come out of the closet.  He was designed by my good friend Morgan Elser, a wonderful artist from my home town of Delavan, IL.  Take a moment to read about Morgan here.  I had the cape for him and a pipe of my husband's grandfather, and she did the rest.  He has traveled with us quite a bit, and was created probably ten years ago.



Morgan was recently commissioned to create a commemorative tree in a park in Morton Illinois, and here is her picture with the young man whose company helped to erect and stabilize it in the park, Matt Parker.



She is a really special lady.  Kudos to you, Morgan!  Here are some pictures from her art gallery. 

Linda Kay

19 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Your Father Christmas is beautiful and I love the sculpted tree. Your friend is very creative.. Lovely images, happy weekend!

biebkriebels said...

Very talented and creative lady indeed. I like your father Christmas.

Revrunner said...

Fun togs your Father Christmas is wearing. :-)

Saucy Kodz said...

I love this season and I love your Father Christmas. What a wonderful artist your friend is to create such a lovely sculpted tree. Wonderful. Have a great day :)

Anvilcloud said...

The mill near us trots out a 'real' Father Christmas in their old fashioned Christmas. I am not sure that this is a good idea for young kids who believe in the real Santa. :)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I love your well-dressed Father Christmas!

whiteangel said...

I haven't commenced with decorations as yet, won't be long.

DeniseinVA said...

What a wonderful Santa, a family treasure indeed.

Marie said...

She's very talented! Her bust of Lincoln is wonderful! I love your Father Christmas.

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful tree sculpture! how neat!

Mike said...

Cool looking tree.

Cranberry Morning said...

What a creative lady!

William Kendall said...

She is quite talented!

Gosia k said...

your father Christmas is so big but lovely..

Amy at love made my home said...

He is a beautiful santa! xx

Janie Junebug said...

Greetings, Father Christmas. I'll decorate when I'm done editing.

Love,
Janie

Romi C said...

Your Father Christmas is amazing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

He is a beauty! :)

Anita said...

Your Santa is so true to life!
Happy decorating for Christmas! Advance wishes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...