Friday, November 14, 2014

Five Random Thoughts for a Friday

I really do love the opportunity to share some random thoughts with you on this Friday.  It's been a busy week and I have no explanation where all the time went.  I'm just hanging on for the ride, since it seems like all planning is a loss.  But I'll join in with Tanya to consider some things that have popped into my mind, Around Roanoke for Willy Nilly Friday 5.  



1.  The theater last Friday was great.  The reviews were a bit average, but we really enjoyed the show.  It followed the movie (Dirty Dancing) very well, and the dancing was great.  I would agree that the chemistry was a bit lacking.  Here we all are just before dinner and the show.   We dined at Luke Restaurant inside the Embassy Suites Hotel Riverwalk.  Angel is very tall, so Heidi and I had her sit down on a stool.  Love these girls!












2.  Are you a collector?  My Jerry is a collector extraordinaire!  He has coins packed away at the bank, toys from when he was a kid, antiques from his family, walruses, cameras, ducks from the Ducks Unlimited collection, rocks, and the list goes on and on.  These little toys you see on the shelf are ones he played with as a kid, confiscated from his mom's old farmhouse when she moved to town.  There are many more, even some of those little rubber farm animals and people, even cowboys and 'Native Americans'. Some of the walruses are on the next shelf up.  I think there are some 30 or so now.  (Sigh)

3.  We do have a little bit of autumn in Texas.  This is a bald cypress, I'm told, and it is really quite beautiful right now.  It is along the street going up the hill to our house, and is beside the creek that flows through the compound neighborhood.

4.  Some of you posted pictures of your grandchildren in costumes for Halloween.  So I thought I'd let you see how Carson was dressed for the event.  I thought he was really cute in the picture.  The police gave him some handcuffs to wear on his belt and let him put on one of their hats.  Isn't he just the cutest?

5.  And finally, a picture of the finished afghan I made for my oldest granddaughter's wedding coming up in May.  I haven't pressed it as yet, just finished it.  There are 48 crocheted squares and then a finishing border after they are sown together.  Whew, glad to have that done!

Thanks for hosting, Tanya.  All have a wonderful weekend!  I'm trying to look for a picture for Eileen's Saturday critters!
Around Roanoke

Linda Kay

24 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

That afghan is so incredibly beautiful!

Anvilcloud said...

The last one reminds me of my mother knitting squares for the woman's missionary society.

Fancy Ranci said...

I love your random five! You and the girls look beautiful. What a treat to all go out together. Carson is adorable. I'm very impressed with the afghan. That will be a cherished gift I know. Happy Friday!

Roan said...

Love your grandson's costume. Yes he is cute! Beautiful afghan! Lucky granddaughter! This is Roan. I'm not on my computer and I forgot my google password. :)

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, Nice selection of 5 randoms. Jerry should start a blog about his collection! Sounds cool! Have a great day. John

Tom said...

#1 Afraid to look short are we!
#2 I collect everything but wives!
#3 Taxodium (bald cypress) is a great tree!
#4 They hire them young down there!
#5 Wow, I wish I was your granddaughter!

Tom The Backroads Traveller

Bethany Carson said...

The afghan is so beautiful! You did a lovely job! I like Carson's costume as well--he looks very smart and handsome. Your husband has a neat toy collection! I try not to collect too many things, but I do have a penchant for picking up greeting cards anywhere and everywhere they're on sale. At least I put them to good use!

W. Latane Barton said...

First look at the afghan I am thinking tablecloth. I think that is what I would use it for. It's beautiful, you did such a fabulous job making it.

TexWisGirl said...

really nice afghan! love the grandson, too!!!

Cranberry Morning said...

High Five to the aspiring policeman! SO cute. :-)

Mike said...

We collect 'stuff'. It's a large collection.

Marie said...

Your grandson is adorable as a policeman...how nice the actual police helped him "get into character." Glad you enjoyed the play! I adore your wonderful afghan! Great job! They are going to love it.

Gosia k said...

so nice knitting you are gifted person..

Beth of ".E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

wow, they sure do hire young cops these days.

that is too fun!! that is just a precious shot. i hope you have bunches for the wallet & friends. ( :

William Kendall said...

That is a gorgeous afghan.

Lin Floyd said...

i'm impressed with your afghan...

Thistle Cove Farm said...

absolutely beautiful afghan! and totally cute cop!

Tanya Breese said...

your grandson is sure cute!! and what a beautiful group of ladies at the theater! glad you had a great time...love the afghan, your granddaughter is very lucky! pretty fall scene too! thank you so much for linking and i hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Michelle F said...

I had dinner and a movie today, with the girls. Dinner was good, the movie wasn't like what I was expecting.

The walrus in the middle reminds me of a walrus my dad bought me when I was in 6th grade. I still remember when and where he bought it and I still have it.
Although it's not as in a good of a condition.

The afghan looks great. Such a nice job.

Have a great weekend! xoxo

Ida said...

Dirty Dancing is a favorite movie of mine, I think a play about it would be neat but yeah anyone besides Jennifer & Patrick probably would be the same. Glad you had a great time with your friends though.
I'm more the collector in our house then hubby but I think yours collects some neat stuff.
That is a pretty fall tree.
What a beautiful afghan.

Romi C said...

The afghan is GORGEOUS, Linda.

Cynthia said...

I love your afghan. So elegant, and goes with everything.
And your grandson is so cute in his Halloween costume.

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely to read your five things! The blanket for your granddaughter is beautiful!!! xx

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Such a lovely afghan...so frilly and perfect. Your grandson is a cutie. Love the collection. My hubby doesn't collect. Thanks for visiting Linda Kay. Have a blessed weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...