Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Catch Ups - Food, Museum, Galaxy 4, Polly

It was cold in Texas late last week since my last Friday Fragments, Willy Nilly 5, so I'm catching up today with some new stuff:  (Thanks for hosting, ladies)

We had some leftover chicken and some veggies I wanted to use up, so I made some chicken pot pies.  It was nice to have the oven on.  The simple directions for these is to first saute some onion, diced potatoes and celery in some butter, then make a roux.  Before it browns, add milk and cream until it thickens. Then add some cubed cooked chicken, chopped carrots, frozen peas, maybe a little red pepper, some salt and pepper.  Cut out pie crust to fit over some small ramekins.  Dish some of the cooked vegetables into the ramekin, top with the pie crust and bake until the pie crust is nicely browned.  I make these ahead and freeze them for a quick lunch or a light supper.  Here's the preparation:



And here's the result:  I need to give my neighbor Sharon some credit for getting me into making these.  Thanks, Sharon!  She makes a killer pot pie.  Actually, she's a great cook, and had Thanksgiving Dinner with her and some other neighbors, Coleen and Henry.



This is my early Christmas present from my Hubby.  I still am figuring out how to use it effectively, and it makes me crazy.  The A T & T store guy today told me to get a video from YouTube that says "a guide to using my Galaxy 4"!  I think it is smarter than me, and I don't know how to stop it!

How about a progress report on the Texas Rangers Museum they are building across the street from the entrance to the subdivision. Here's the almost finished tower. Just to the right of this a huge Texas Ranger Star is embedded in a circle of concrete. 

And here is the museum building from Stage 1.  This will be a reception area when it is all finished.

Bob Price Chevrolet opened a dealership in Fredericksburg recently.  Everyone received an ad with a prize number for you to bring in to claim a prize.  Needless to say, we didn't win anything big.  But how would you like to have this cutie?  Vroom, Vroom!



I took a picture of Polly as she looked up over the pillow on the couch last night.  It's kind of bright, makes her look white instead of gray, but she is such a love.



Hope you are all recovering from Thanksgiving Day and eating lots of those yummy leftovers.  I'm sure you could put them into pot pies!

Linda Kay

24 comments:

Revrunner said...

II haven't had chicken pot pie in ages--too long.

Anvilcloud said...

Let's talk, shall we. It's about your last picture (of your dog) accompanied by a note about putting things in pot pies. Should I notify the SPCA? ;)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I love pot pies!

And the picture of Polly is so cute!

Saucy Kodz said...

OH, chicken pot pies - my most favourite in the world. My Mom always made them and I have never done so. I do miss them. Cute photo of Polly peeking over pillow double wow on that lovely "VROOM"

Lin Floyd said...

I'm almost inspired to try to make some pot pies...yummy!

eileeninmd said...

Your chicken pot pies look yummy.. They sound easy to make too. I just love the photo of your cute Polly! Have a happy weekend!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Love chicken pot pies! This made me wonder how long ago I posted my own recipe, and turns out it was two years ago tomorrow! And I think I've only made them one time since then, and I used to make them all the time. Funny how that happens!

retired not tired said...

I love chicken pot pie and yours look good enough to eat! Enjoy your weekend!

Maggid said...

Pot Pies? Fabulous!!!!

Texas Rangers Museum???
i wish I lived close . . i want to visit . . maybe i want to work there . . i certainly want to know more about them . . . nifty stuff at your house.

Did you really want that car???
Happy Weekend!

TexWisGirl said...

homemade pot pies sound good! your sweet polly is cute. :)

StarTraci said...

Those pot pies look fabulous!
And that is one cute puppy.
Happy Friday!
:-)
Traci

William Kendall said...

Meat pies like that are a really good meal for a cold day.

The dog looks like such a cutie!

And that eventual museum sounds like a very good idea.

Mike said...

I remember when a Galaxy used to be a car.

Cranberry Morning said...

I have not made a pot pie in years, but these looks so great. Maybe once I've forgotten how stuffed I still feel after Thanksgiving dinner. LOL

Gosia k said...

what a lovely dog.

Tom said...

I haven't had a pot pie in years, they sure look good. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Romi C said...

Your chicken pot pies look delicious!

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, Beth said...

reminds me of a pot-pie ...looks yummy!

i love the car. but i think it is a bit too fancy for me. i will let the business man or woman drive that beauty. ( :

Big Sky Heidi said...

Those pot pies look yummy!

Polly is a real charmer!

The Armchair Squid said...

A very creative use of leftovers, those pies. They look yummy, too!

Janie Junebug said...

Polly, you look so cheerful. Linda Kay, the pot pies are delicious, I'm sure. I don't know what a Galaxy 4 is.

Love,
Janie

Amy at love made my home said...

It is lovely to catch up on what you have been up to! xx

Marie said...

Nice Willy Nilly! I love making pot pie but usually make a large one. That museum is going to be a nice addition to Fredericksburg. I THINK I would love a vintage sports car but I already complain about the uncomfortable smaller size of our almost-vintage Ford Thunderbird! It was willed to my hubby (had been his Dad's)....I need some comfort in my old age! :-)

Ida said...

Sorry to be so late commenting. We had a super busy weekend and little time for blogging.
Yummy looking pot pies.
Congrats on the early Christmas present.
Neat to see the museum coming along.
Cool car but can you imagine the insurance on that thing.
Your dog is adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...