Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Webs Galore on a Wednesday

Here's the quote you have all probably addressed in BYG Adventure's Ponder for today - WEB.  


Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!

Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.
Scottish author & novelist (1771 - 1832)  


You might have thought this was Mr. Shakespeare, but Sir Walter Scott said this!


Then comes to mind a bit of difference in spelling - Jack Webb from the old TV Series Dragnet.  Remember this?  I used to watch this show faithfully.



This video would probably be more appropriate for Halloween, but it tells a bit of info on the strength of the spider web material.

The word web is often used to refer to a textile that might be used, say to make seat belts.

I like to think of the word in relation to a sort of mystery:  the thief was convicted by a web of evidence that pointed directly to him.  I'm working on a romance/mystery at the moment and am building the web of evidence connected to a crime committed against my heroine.  It's fun to reveal items one at a time to set the police on a course to capture the perpetrator.

There you have it.  Webs on a Wednesday!   photo image13_zps64a48e1e.png
Thanks for hosting, Brenda!

Linda Kay

18 comments:

Nonnie said...

Whoa! That was a lot of words from Sgt. Friday! We watched that show. I always enjoyed the end credits with the chisel and stone.

Janie Junebug said...

The spider web information is scary. I hate walking into a spider web. I'm glad you enjoy writing your book. I know it will be good.

Love,
Janie

Louisette said...

Lovely post Have a nice week, here in Belgium, it has been the day veteran first war, 14-18

http://retriever-louisettesblogs.blogspot.be/2014/11/armistice-tombeau-du-soldat-inconnu.html

http://louisette.eklablog.com/mes-autres-blogs-p842116

Beth of ".E." Lizard Breath Speaks said...

my parents & i use to watch Dragnet on Nick at Night ... i think that is what it was? back in the 90s ... let me think? any who ... i loved the show. so funny. i loved the humor. i guess it was more of a dry humor per-say? ( :

William Kendall said...

My dad likes Dragnet, and has some of the series on DVD.

Me, I'd rather watch Columbo annoy his prime suspect to the point of a stroke.

Mike said...

Dragnet is now back on ME TV. It's funny to see Col. Potter play a detective.

whiteangel said...

I don't recall Dragnet.

Pickleope Von Pickleope said...

My favorite part about Dragnet is when they'd talk to the way-too-knowledgeable-on-whatever-topic-they-were-investigating-that-week youth who was connected to the streets somehow.
Good luck with the romantic mystery.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Jack Webb has an interesting monotone voice.

Val said...

Using the web to describe the web is nothing short of brilliant. Love this post.

Cranberry Morning said...

This was a fun post! I watched Dragnet as a kid. 'Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.' Lol

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I think of spiders first. Internet second. Seatbelts...well I remember them when I get in the car!
~

Lin Floyd said...

life is really a web too as it unfolds...

The Yum List said...

Nature is truly fascinating.

Brenda Gladden said...

Great ponder Linda!
Thanks for pondering with me

retired not tired said...

I loved Jack Webb and Dragnet. Good job!

Rory Bore said...

I believe spider web is that strong!! Have you ever been walking and then accidentally ran into the web? and it sticks all over your face, your head, your hair, your clothes... it's like getting caught in sticky steel!
I much prefer the web of mystery unraveled.

Michelle F said...

Wow!! Spiders are amazing!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...