Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas is Everywhere Friday

1.  We have had lots of Christmas adventures this past week, starting with the First Friday Art Walk.  We were in a number of shops, so I'll share a couple of pictures with you.
From Insight Gallery:


 From the Good Art Gallery:

 From River Rustic Art Gallery
















And from our new African Art Gallery

2.  After our tour of the Art Shops, where we enjoyed some wine and snacks, we walked out to our car and picked up some folding chairs to enjoy the Christmas Parade.  I'll post some of these photos and videos at a later time.

3.  On Saturday, I enjoyed a presentation and member meeting of the Writers' League of Texas in Comfort.  Our presenters were published authors Meg Gardiner, who talked on writing crime and mystery stories, and Carol Dawson, who discussed writing memoirs.  Each of them had great tips on writing and organizing your story.  

4.  Sunday night we had some friends over for dinner, so I made the wonderful clam chowder posted recently along with some Midwestern (as opposed to Texas) Chili.  We had a lovely evening.  Here's the table decor:

5.  Monday, more Christmas party and decorations at our clubhouse monthly coffee.  The decorations were really lovely, and the food wonderful.  


Linking today with Willy Nilly Friday 5 and Friday Fragments.  Are you partied out as yet?  I love the time with friends!

Linda Kay

24 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

What a fantastic Christmassy week you have been having!! I liked seeing the art pieces especially. xx

Patricia said...

Oh, I see a collage of the Alamo, so interesting, I remember it well from our visit to San Antonio. Your table setting is gorgeous, and very festive.

Saucy Kodz said...

Lovely Christmassy time you had. I could now just sit down at one of those tables and start eating. YUMMY, eh :)
Lovely Photos.

biebkriebels said...

Your diner tables look fabulous, You are having a great time I see.

Tom said...

#1 First Friday Art walks sure are popular.
#2 A bit cold around here for a Christmas Parade.
#3 Sounds like you were all booked up.
#4 Clam chowder, YUMMMMM.
#5 I still have to decorate the tree.
Have a great Christmas season. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Maggid said...

Not Parties Out . . Your Art Walk looks splendid . . in fact, all your events look like fun . . perhaps I'd attend events like yours . . either way, i feel included simply reading your blog . . Thank You! Happy Friday

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoyed your Friday 5. I enjoyed going on that shopping trip with you.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun you're having! We spent a Christmas in San Antonio one year and there was so much to see and do! I love Texas! Holiday hugs, Diane

Lin Floyd said...

how fun and festive!

Marie said...

Love Christmas at Fredricksburg! Your shares are all wonderful...but I especially love that first sculpture! Gorgeous!

TexWisGirl said...

the midwestern chili i grew up with had noodles in it and not nearly as many beans. these days, i've adapted to more texas versions. :)

lovely art!

Mike said...

That chess set is a step up from the plastic pieces set I think I still have.

Terri Buster said...

Festive decorations! I love that first shot of the statue. Have a great weekend!

William Kendall said...

The chess set certainly does catch my eye!

Banker Chick said...

You had a busy week. Your pictures are lovely. I love art galleries.

Gail said...

Being holiday cheerful and enjoying art...my kind of adventure.

Linda said...

So beautiful, Linda, and the tablescape is fantastic!

Mascha said...

Christmas Parade? I've never heard before... I't must be a amazing time with you.
Your home looks so pretty and cozy and nice on your pic.
I'm looking forward to see more of the Christmas Parade.

Gosia k said...

In my opinion your Christmas table decorations are fantastic. I love it and I goind to do the same myself

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a fun and busy time! Your table setting is pretty. I love chili. Have a great evening!

Lori said...

It sounds like some fun holiday events. We're not partied out because we really don't party. We mostly hang out with family. Or maybe that's because no one else can stand us...not sure.

The Yum List said...

Some lovely pieces in this gallery.

whiteangel said...

Don't the tables look so lovely also the gallery's.

Michelle F said...

I would love to visit the African Art Gallery.

As for parties, this is my big week.
We start out by going to our local Celebrate Recovery party, for leaders and their families. Where we will play the white elephant game.

Then Sunday morning we eat breakfast at church and after church go to our Connection Group Christmas Party. This is also my birthday week, so who knows what hubby has planned.

Earlier in the month our UNO Ladies group celebrated Christmas with a party. Such a wonderful time of year!

Oh, I don't know if your familiar with Ann Voskamp, but my hubby bought tickets to go see her. It was such a pleasure to get to meet her face-face.

Merry Christmas!!

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...