Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday Reflections

Can you believe it's less than a week 'til Christmas?  I have so enjoyed all the pictures of lights, Christmas ornaments, snow, and all things Christmas.  First I thought I'd share a couple of special ornaments on my tree that have meanings attached: 

1.  The first one on the left is from my friend Joy in California.  The first time we went to visit her in Watsonville, we drove north to San Francisco to see The Bridge on the bay.  She sent this to us the next Christmas.  The one on the right was purchased in a market in Brno, Chezc Replubic in a market.  It's made from bread dough, and I'm afraid it will break one of these days.
2.  
The nativity display below is a mix mash of not only the Willow Tree sculptures, but also an assortment of other angels and animals.  I found the stable in an antique shop one year to complete the scene.  


3.  You will remember that my hubby is a collector of stuff.  Many years ago, his mother began collecting these ornaments from Hallmark, Santas Delivery System.  She actually started with #3.  With a little search on eBay, I found the first two and bought them for him one year for Christmas.  He now has the complete set of 26.  They go back into their boxes at the end of the Christmas season every year, onto a shelf, and back out the next day after Thanksgiving.  They are cute, though.


4.  On Saturday we stopped by Becker Vineyards to pick up our quarterly wine selection, and on the way out found two tractors that have evidently been left out in the weather.  I thought you might enjoy these two Internationals.



5. And finally, the tree house project!  The base of the tree house is up!  The tall piece in the front has a pulley, so the kids will be able to bring stuff up from the ground.  The 2 x 4s are just holding up the structure until Grandpa can get all the bracing between the joists and the side braces in place.  He is also building a hiding place in the floor boards and an escape hatch that will have a rope with knots to climb up and down.  I'll keep you in the loop on the progress.  Wednesday we picked up the wood for the house structure that will sit on the base.


Have a happy Friday and a fabulous weekend!  Linking up today with Willy Nilly Friday Five, and Friday Fragments.  Thanks for hosting, ladies!

Linda Kay

25 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Love the nativity scene! And the ornaments are quite imaginative and beautiful! Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noel!

Saucy Kodz said...

What lovely ornaments. and I love your nativity scene and especially Santas Deliver Collection. Now that is just neat. That is gonna be some nice tree house when its done. Grandpa is doing a fine job. Keep us posted on his progress, eh.

Michelle F said...

Love looking at your Christmas items. All of them are wonderful.

The tree-house sounds awesome. I am sure it will be a lot of fun.

Merry Christmas!!xoxo

whiteangel said...

Your decorations do look so lovely.

Maggid said...

That Tree House will be fantastic . . I really like your nativity scene . . .

Tanya Breese said...

i love ornaments like the ones you have from your friend, makes me remember special memories when i look at them on the tree...i need to pick up some pieces for my nativity...i am missing a lot of figures (braden and dalton couldn't resist playing with them when they were toddlers) and i like the way your "mix mashed" figurines come together...what a cute santas village! the kids are going to absolutely love that tree house! thank you for linking and have a great weekend!!!

The Furry Gnome said...

Look forward to more details on that tree house. My tree house was my favourite place for a few years as a young teenager! I'm convinced that being up among the leaves helped give me a love of trees now!

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, Very nice post. You threw those tractor photos in for me, didn't you? Neat!!! Congrats to Grandpa on progress for the tree house. Have a great weekend. John

TexWisGirl said...

the tree house project is so fun! love your nativity scene, too.

retired not tired said...

Love the nativity scene. We also collect ornaments on our travels.
Have a healthy merry Christmas!

Mike said...

It's been awhile since I've done a habitat project. I've got half a notion to hop in the car and come down and help build that tree house.

Gosia k said...

I like your Christmas ornaments the first from Czech Republic is great . I was in Brno it is an interesting citry.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty ornaments, they make nice memories.. I am looking forward to see the finished tree house..Have a happy weekend!

William Kendall said...

Building the treehouse will be quite a production!

Hannah said...

Cute Golden Gate Bridge ornament, and nativity set. I got a nice house in a garage sale once. Have a Merry Christmas!

DeniseinVA said...

Very pretty ornaments Linda Kay. I am looking forward to seeing that tree house built. I always wanted one seeing the American Tree houses in movies as a child. Wanted but never asked for and never got. We didn't have any trees in our garden :)

Tom said...

#1 Ornaments that bring back memories are special.
#2 A lovely collection.
#3 I have a friend who is a car guy and he has a car and truck Christmas tree.
#4 Well they covered the planter.
#5 Lucky grandkids.
Merry Christmas. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Janie Junebug said...

If you send a basket of baked goods out to the children, then you will be like Emily Dickinson. Not bad company in which to be.

Love,
Janie

Rory Bore said...

Lovely Nativity Scene!
Those Internationals bring back a lot of memories of hay seasons of yesterday. a lot of hard work, but I actually do think of with fondness.
Can't wait to see that treehouse!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Romi C said...

Your Christmas ornaments are lovely.

The Yum List said...

Reminds me of South America where nativity displays are more common than Christmas trees.

Amy at love made my home said...

So many great things happening with you! Your ornaments are especially lovely! Happy Christmas! xx

Marie said...

Great randoms! Love your ornaments and the collection you display. How exciting Grandpa is building a treehouse for the kids!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I really enjoyed seeing the Hallmarck collection! :)

Kay said...

A treehouse? What kid hasn't dreamed of a treehouse? I'll be looking forward to seeing its progress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...