Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday Stuff

1.  I've had an interesting week since Thanksgiving Day.  We actually didn't stop with Thanksgiving Day for the eating and celebrating.  This Christmas tree was in the entrance of the YO Resort Branding Iron Restaurant in Kerrville.  It's just off Rt. 10 probably about an hours NW of San Antonio.  We joined my son-in-laws mom and family there for brunch on Sunday.  

My daughter Heidi and I had been shopping on Saturday while the men folks went hunting out in El Dorado.  Carson got to witness his first deer harvest, so he was very excited.  They managed to return to Kerrville at exactly the right time for the brunch.  I'd post a picture of the deer, but I'm guessing some of you don't really want to see it!



One of the interesting features in the YO are the branding irons hanging from the chandeliers.

Another feature is the huge rodeo horse rider on display.  And let me just say the food was wonderful.

2.  I've been working on the family calendar on Shutterfly.  I actually tried to get out of doing it this year, thinking the kids didn't really appreciate it, but I understand I cannot break tradition.  So I have been gathering up pictures like crazy, cropping heads out of pictures for the birthday dates and finding some of the better shots from our travels over the past year.  

As I found some pictures I could use of my girls, I came across these that I added a little special feature to for fun.




So I'm just waiting on my son to get one of his family together for one of the calendar pages.j

3.  
I think everyone got pretty much the same idea from Pinterest to create a turkey sampler tray.  This one is from my nephew and his wife, posted on Facebook.  I think they outdid themselves, don't you?

4.  


This is my snowman collection.  You saw my BIG Santa on my post on Saturday, but these are the smaller ones.  The one of the left is my very favorite.  If you enlarge the picture you will see the details.  He has an owl on his left shoulder, and under his skirt is a fax with a baby fox in the grass.  The little kitten on the hearth is also made by the same designer.  Everyone now knows...No more Santas!  I have to get them all wrapped and stored.

5.  Today, I'll be doing a little painting for the Needs Council for the move to the new facility on Llano Street. There will be a much more private arrangement for confidential meetings, storage for all the items we collect for charity, and just a brighter environment.  It will be a great move.

Blessings to you all this weekend.  I'm joining in today with Willy Nilly Friday 5 and Friday Fragments.

Linda Kay

28 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Nice post, you are a busy bee.

Revrunner said...

Yes, I'm thinking the dead deer next to that lovely Thanksgiving platter might have clashed a bit with the holiday cheer. :-)

eileeninmd said...

Love the family pic's and your pretty Santas! The turkey platter is cute! Have a happy weekend!

Saucy Kodz said...

Very nice post. I love your collection of Santa's and I think the Calendar Tradition is a lovely one. Have a wonderful deer. It would not have bothered me to see your Deer Photo. We are a hunting family, but I do understand that it is not everything's "thing".

W. Latane Barton said...

The turkey tray is outstanding. They did a great job with it. And, those lovely Santas. That's quite a collection!

Bethany Carson said...

The family calendar sounds like a neat project, and the turkey sampler tray is awesome!!

retired not tired said...

Love the turkey platter. Your collection is wonderful. I have scaled mine back for now.

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, I see I'm not the only collector around. Nice snowman collection! That YO Resort sounds very intersting. Thanks for sharing. John

TexWisGirl said...

the turkey tray is adorable! :) i like the branding iron chandelier.

Meredith said...

Definitely in the Holiday season!

Cranberry Morning said...

There's so much to do this time of year! I like the family pics for the calendar. I've been meaning to do that...

Mike said...

Here's hoping the branding iron chandelier is securely fastened to the beam.

Mascha said...

What a gorgeos ironwork! And a nice collection of Santas. My favorite is this right, made of ceramics.
Have a great second Advent

William Kendall said...

I like the interior of that restaurant. And my mother had that habit of collecting Santas too.

Gosia k said...

your turkey tray is amazing..

Tom said...

#1 Man alive, that one big tree.
#2 Aren't family tradition fun, mom. Nice looking folks.
#3 Looks good enough to eat, but who would want to mess it up.
#4 I like the fishing Santa.
#5 Doing a good turn.
Tom The Backroads Traveller

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely to catch up with you, your santa collection is beautiful!! xx

Rory Bore said...

do I also spy a giant beer in one of those pics? Is that a real (stuffed) grizzly? whoa.

I love the turkey food tray - that is awesome.
and the Santa's are great - the detail is amazing. I was the same way with penguin stuff -- then I had to tell people No More because it got crazy. I had penguin everything!

StarTraci said...

That tree is gorgeous and not that far from me -- I'm in Austin. I'll have to check it out.
:-)
Traci

Marie said...

Gorgeous tree at the center and branding iron chandelier! Love them both! That turkey appetizer sample looks great! So do your calendar photos! Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving...hope the weeks leading up to Christmas will all be good ones!

Janie Junebug said...

I have a small collection of Santas. Thank you for not publishing the photo of the deer. That tree is beautiful, and I love your photos.

Love,
Janie

DeniseinVA said...

Love your family photographs and pretty Christmas Decorations. I have a modest collection of Santas and I am looking forward to putting them out soon.

whiteangel said...

The decorations are nice, that is a big tree. Lovely family and you are busy, main thing you are enjoying yourself.

Romi C said...

All the photos are beautiful, and make me feel happy.
The turkey sampler tray is gorgeous.

Anita said...

Such a feel-good post, Linda!
Lovely pics :)
Be blessed!

Cynthia said...

The family calendar sounds like a fun idea. I might try that next year.
That's a beautiful, huge Christmas tree! And I enjoyed your Santa collection. The one with the animals is really special.

Tanya Breese said...

that restaurant is beautiful!!! i love the idea of the family calendar and what great photos you have picked out! i know, you have to stick with tradition...i left something out one year and heard about it! love that turkey platter too!! thank you for linking and hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That one Santa looks like a Jim Shore...I enjoy everything he does! What a nice collection:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...