Friday, December 26, 2014

Friday Thoughts

What a week this has been!  I'm not sure how many items I'll have to post today for the Willy Nilly 5 and the Friday Fragments, but it's been an interesting and blessed week.

1. On Christmas Eve, we attended church at Zion Lutheran in Kerrville with our daughter Angel and her fiance Brian.  Then we went to dinner at the Cowboy Steakhouse.  Yummy.  Great food. There is a dip served with the sweet potato fries that is awesome. Our steaks were perfect.

2. On Christmas night, we were invited to our friends', Coleen and Henry, for dinner.  Their children are out of state, and our kids arrive sometime later today.  It was a lovely time, and so sweet of them to think of us.

3. Remember when I posted a couple of pictures from my friend Carmella's house on Wednesday.  In her home, she had a still life painting done by her husband Nando that I have admired for some time.  I kept bugging him to sell it to me, but he didn't have a price in mind.  So guess what?  My sweet Jerry got it for me for Christmas.  It's hanging in my kitchen.  I use a lot of white dishes, so this really fits in well.  I took this with my IPhone, so it's a little cockeyed.



4. Remember I was baking the cinnamon rolls?  Did I mention that I load them up with caramel and pecans?  The yeast was very fresh so had wonderful results.  I'm sure they will be quickly devoured by the gang at my daughter's house.  I packaged up a few for the neighbors.

5. We will be working on the tree house this morning while our son and his family are on the road to Texas...probably scheduled to arrive mid-afternoon.  The granddaughters and two boyfriends are also traveling from Illinois, so say a little prayer for their safe travels.  So far snow is light where they live, so that will not be an obstacle.  We have three walls built for the tree house, awaiting some strong guys to lift them up onto the platform to put them in place.  I'll post pictures when they are all up and secured.

If I am missing in action over the next week, please note that we are probably here and there and everywhere with the family as they join us in Texas.  We will all have a great time!

Linda Kay

25 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I like the painting too, very pretty. And your sweet rolls look yummy.. I hope everyone arrived safely and you all had a Merry Christmas.. Enjoy your family visit.. Have a happy weekend!

Tom said...

Sounds like you had a busy and enjoyable Christmas. A Happy New Year to you. Tom The Backroads Traveller

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Sounds like a wonderful, fun and loving time ahead in the next week. Those cinnamon rolls...with pecans [my favorite nut besides Bud] and a surprise gift of the till life. I LOVE it.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

sorry....'till' means still life. Geez

Bethany Carson said...

The cinnamon rolls look scrumptious! Enjoy your time with family!

Cynthia said...

Have fun with your family! Make lots of memories for the days ahead. :-)

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, Nice choice of 5 for Friday. Have a good week with friends and family. Thanks for sharing. John

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Linda Kay, wish I had one of those loaded-with-pecans cinnamon rolls right this minute! I get a twinge every time I see a mention of Kerrville. It figures big in the genealogy of a dear departed elderly friend whose genealogy I was working on a few years ago.

TexWisGirl said...

a very nice gift!! enjoy that family time!

DeniseinVA said...

I don't think those cinnamon rolls are going to last very long Linda Kay :) Have a wonderful time visiting.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A marvelous still life! And pecans and caramel on the cinnamon rolls is a greattouch!

retired not tired said...

How sweet of your hubby to get you the painting! Your rolls look yummy!

StarTraci said...

The painting is lovely. What a special gift.
Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas.
:-)
Traci

Gosia k said...

Definitely it was very busy week for you. But I think in each family was the same it is a festive season a lot to do. Have a nice time with your family

Gosia k said...

Definitely it was very busy week for you. But I think in each family was the same it is a festive season a lot to do. Have a nice time with your family

Mike said...

I'll be with you in spirit as you work on the tree house you lucky dogs.

William Kendall said...

Those cinnamon rolls look delicious!

Janie Junebug said...

The painting is beautiful and an excellent gift. I have a still life by The Hurricane. I adore all of her paintings.

Love,
Janie

Big Sky Heidi said...

Best wishes with the tree house. Those cinnamon rolls look yummy!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Merry Christmas! Have fun with your family...I bet that tree house is in the air before long! :)

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope you had a happy Christmas! xx

Romi C said...

I wish you a happy New Year!

Anvilcloud said...

I guess your guests have arrived by now and that celebrations and good times are proceeding apace. Enjoy.

Mrs4444 said...

Oh, wow--a treehouse? What great memories the kids will have in the years to come; great idea.

How nice, that you and your friends had each other's company on Christmas night. Although my family sees Mom during Christmas day, she would have a quiet night if not for my MIL inviting her every year to her house for our Christmas dinner; I love that she does that, and so does Mom.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. Thanks for linking up!

Tanya Breese said...

oh boy those cinnamon rolls sound delicious!! how sweet of your husband to get you that painting :) sounds like you had a wonderful christmas! i am so sorry to be visiting so late but thank you for linking and happy new year!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...