Wednesday, December 24, 2014

It's Wednesday -- Christmas Eve

I'm sure everyone has been attending or putting on Christmas parties.  My lovely friend Carmella had a large group of ladies from the compound  subdivision for lunch last week, and we had a wonderful Christmas time.  I thought I'd share a few pictures from her home (with her permission).  These are straight from my IPhone, so no changes made on the first four pictures.



Carmella is a quilter, so this hanging was really outstanding.  She is an amazing lady with unbounded energy.

 She wanted me to get the picture of the crazy hat she got from our friend Joy.. The flower is fake.


Looks pretty fantastic, right?  The food was outstanding.

I had orders to make my grandmother's sweet roll recipe for all the gang coming to Texas for Christmas, so here they are ready to go in the oven.  They really turned out wonderfully, always a challenge when you are baking with yeast!


This was the price of gas in Fredericksburg on Sunday...unbelievable.  How low can it go??

This was after our day with the tree house on Saturday.  We finally have a wall up.  By the time this posts, we may actually have another couple of walls upright, waiting for siding. I so hate to admit it, but I'm thinking I might just be a little beyond building tree houses....but we keep plodding along with this.  I have bruises and scrapes and sores muscles, but it's worth it!

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas Eve.  We are off to church and then dinner with daughter #2 and fiance.  Since my family arrives in Texas on Friday, I might be just a little absent in the next few days.  

Linda Kay

18 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It looks like an awesome party in the making!

Anvilcloud said...

You don't have to take lessons in how to celebrate. πŸ˜ΈπŸ‘πŸ‘

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, The festive occasion looked great. And, the tree house is coming along nicely. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours. John

Gosia k said...

Linda your friend have had orgabised a nice Christmas party. I can't believe my eyes how cheap is your fuel. In Europe it is very expensive comparing to yours. Merry Christmas

Gosia k said...

Linda your friend have had orgabised a nice Christmas party. I can't believe my eyes how cheap is your fuel. In Europe it is very expensive comparing to yours. Merry Christmas

biebkriebels said...

I like those quilting things and the hat is very creative.Have a nice time Linda.

Bethany Carson said...

The food looks scrumptious! And the price of gas? Awesome!

Cranberry Morning said...

Compliments to your friend on her gorgeous Christmas quilt wall hanging! Isn't that a beauty! We too will be attending a candlelight service at 4 PM today and then family back here for traditional New England clam chowder and popovers...and games. Have a blessed Christmas, Linda!

DeniseinVA said...

Great post Mary Kay, looked like a fun gathering. Merry Christmas and A Very Happy New Year :)

TexWisGirl said...

what a nice holiday spread! enjoy your christmas, dear! maybe give those bruises some time to pale. :)

Lin Floyd said...

enjoy the holy days with familly, ours are coming today later...

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Christmas! xx

Mike said...

I thought I was doing good at $1.96 for gas yesterday. At 1.78 it may be worth filling up an old 500 gallon propane tank.

whiteangel said...

A touch of red looks good.
Merry Christmas

eileeninmd said...

Hello Linda, your friends place and decorations are lovely.. And the food looks delicious, a nice spread! I am sure your sweet rolls are yummy too. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

William Kendall said...

Very festive!

Merry Christmas!

The Yum List said...

Merry Christmas!

Patricia said...

What a stunning and beautiful quilt your friend has made.
Merry Christmas Linda - hope you have a wonderful dayX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...