Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday Morning Jottings

Monday is always a good day to look back for the Good Random Fun during the week or the weekend.  So here goes:

The Good:  
As many know, my two daughters and I have season tickets to the Majestic Theater in San Antonio for the Broadway series of shows.  We have had so much fun.  Before we went to the eight o'clock show, we ate dinner overlooking the River Walk, viewing all the lights and watching the boats drift by with carolers.  

The show (Lion King) was awesome.  If some of you have seen it, I'd love to see your comments.  The staging and the lights for the changing scenes that you might remember from the animated movie were something I'd never seen before.  The creativity that went into the various animals on the stage was enchanting.




The Random:

Grandpa is building a tree house for Carson!  This past week, we managed to now have assembled the basic sides of this huge free-standing structure.  The sides are to now be standing so that the floor joists can be put in place.  Carson is really excited. The clearing is where the tree house will "rise".  The overall deck will be about 10' x 10', and the house on the deck, complete with a door and windows will be about 7' x 7'.  The last picture is of the metal lizard that will stand guard at the tree house.  Jerry is having fun creating this with a complete set of plans that had to be approved by the architectural committee where my SIL and daughter live.  And I've been actually swinging a hammer some to help out!

The Fun:
Don't we all love a parade?  I'm dropping in some very short videos and pictures of some of the sights from the Christmas Parade and the Markplatz here in Fredericksburg.

video
video
video

video
And the lovely tree:
Have a wonderful Monday!
Linda Kay

21 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Very pretty shot of you and your daughters.. I wished I saw the Lion King when it was here. I heard it was great.. Pretty shots of the parade and tree. A fun time.. Have a happy week ahead!

biebkriebels said...

A fun weekend, I haven't seen the musical myself but heard about it. The parade must have been great to watch.

Saucy Kodz said...

I remember when Dad built a tree house for me and my brothers. It was a big ole tree in back of the house and we all slept in it the first night. I remember sleeping close to Dad cause I was scared. I could hear an owl hooting, so dad turned on the lamp and told us a story. I remember falling asleep and having so much fun with our tree house. I love the photo of you and your daughters. It is quite lovely.......and who doens't enjoy a parade. Nice Post Kiddo.

Anvilcloud said...

It looks like you gals have a great idea for a night out, and that playhouse will be fantastic.

Nonnie said...

Pretty pictures and especially the one of you with your daughters. You must have a lot of fun getting to attend those shows together. I would love to see the Lion King.
San Antonio is a beautiful city. I lived there for three years a very long time ago.

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, Beth said...

oh looks like a fun night. i love the Lion King ... i bet it is amazing as a play though. neat-o! ( :

Lin Floyd said...

sounds like everyone is having fun....

W. Latane Barton said...

You girls are just having too much fun. I don't think I have seen Lion King. Now, don't tell me I am getting old because I can't remember whether I have or not... but I heard so much about it it seems like I have!!!

Anita said...

I love parades too, Linda!
Lion King is awesome.
Had a chance to watch the show at Hong Kong Disneyland :)
Lovely pics :)

TexWisGirl said...

the tree house will be awesome, i'm sure!

saw the lion king in dallas many years ago. it was a pretty spectacular production. my mother-in-law talked about it for years after.

Mike said...

A night time parade. That really brings lights on the floats into play.

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, The tree house is going to be great! Grandpa looks serious in that photo. :-) Congrats on such a fun weekend. John

Gail said...

A wonderful project with fun happening every where.

Tamar SB said...

Isn't the Lion King amazing!!

Cynthia said...

What a lucky little boy to have a tree house, built by Grandpa! I have yet to see the play of The Lion King and I've always wanted to. I'll get there yet!

The Yum List said...

"Grandpa" reminds me of my dad who's supposed to be retired. He sure doesn't seem to drop any of the hours though of full-time work as he's always finding projects to do.

Janie Junebug said...

I would like a tree house, but it must include a luxurious bathroom, a comfortable bed, steps a dog can climb, and heating and air conditioning. I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

Love,
Janie

Rory Bore said...

Would love to see the Lion King!! My daughters would love it too. I miss seeing live shows.
Amazing - I had a tree fort at my babysitters' when I was young. We had so much fun in that thing! It was the neighborhood hang out for years.
Who doesn't love a parade!? :)

William Kendall said...

Quite a lovely tree!

Amy at love made my home said...

So lovely to catch up on your news! xx

Michelle F said...

Thank you for sharing a bit of your Christmas with us. We don't go to parades now that our guy's are grown.

Merry Christmas!!

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...