1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two?
I'm really fortunate to have my two daughters within an hour drive from us, and now my son and family will be moving to San Antonio area next spring. For the first time in many years, we might be able to reestablish a tradition for Christmas, rather than just grabbing a few hours together. I'd love to cook a big traditional dinner.
2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?
Let's see...don't like eggnog. Have wrapped gifts galore, but love the bags and the tissue. Makes life a little simpler. We had candles by the fireplace for our guests on Sunday evening, as a fire in the fireplace would be too hot in Texas. Had Christmas cookies on Monday with our
3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.
I really enjoy being an adult at Christmas, as I get more fun out of giving than receiving. We get to provide for others who have much less than we, as well as to find some treasure for a special family member. I shop throughout the year.
4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why?
We are in such a hurry in life now, expecting instant gratification. I get so frustrated when my computer is slow. But in the scope of things, it is better to wait. If we pray for something we think we need, then wait for direction, we might find that there is a whole different answer out there for us. And usually a better one. What do we know, anyway?
5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?
I have a cute little bundt pan. I baked a chocolate cake in it for Sunday dinner. Then I drizzled icing and chocolate shell over it with some raspberries to top it off. We ate it!
6. This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week! Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators. He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?"
First of all, you have to kind of tread lightly, as some people really don't want to talk to strangers, but I do! I love to find out the variety of jobs, interests, and loves of people. I find it fascinating and educational. Don't want to talk about me so much, but sure want to hear about them.
7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?
I'm NICE, of course! My blog is up and running, I have a book published to share with the world, and a second one on the way. I volunteer at a special organization, and we are building a tree house for our grandson. Several years ago we established education accounts for our grandchildren and they are being used on. What happened? The grew up!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As I think back on Christmas memories, I treasure so much my sweet hubby who has made my last almost 30 years so enjoyable. We love to shop for Christmas for family. I remember the first Christmas we knew each other, he sent me the biggest, most beautiful poinsettia I had ever seen to have in my office. After some rough times, this was a treasure I'll never forget. Although flowers don't last all that long, they sure are fun to receive, right ladies?
Have a wonderful Wednesday.