Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Random Ramblings

It has been absolutely beautiful weather in the Texas Hill Country for the last few days, but cloudy for Friday, and a bit cooler. When you read this, I'll be working on the tree house with hubby as we continue this never ending project.  I'll post a picture later. Roof on today!



1. My son-in-law went hunting in the Dakotas last fall with some friends, and had this pheasant mounted for display among all the other creatures gracing their walls. My hubby who is from South Dakota mentioned that he had hunted so many of these, but never had one mounted.

2. Our friends George and Sue are stopping by this next week for a short visit.  We have been friends for many years and have enjoyed some great time traveling together. We lived just a short way apart in Illinois, and they are also members of the 'Culture club' I wrote about in the fall. They spend the month of January in Tucson near her sister, and sometimes stop by here for a visit before driving back to Illinois.



3. Our friend Joy knows that hubby collects walruses, so she sent us this picture puzzle for Christmas. This was a nightmare to put together, but we finished it last night. My problem with these is that I can't leave the puzzle alone until it's finished, so it takes a lot of my time!

4. Daughter #2 (Angel) is moving into a house from an apartment, so we are planning to help them get things put in place on Saturday. The will have everything moved in, but won't have all the dishes put away, etc. Hubby is assigned to hanging pictures. Because of her move, she will miss our visit to the Majestic Theater for the play "Chicago". Daughter #1's SIL is going in her place. Dinner out, then the Theater...doesn't get much better! In case you aren't familiar with this story:

 Set in the legendary city during the roaring “jazz hot” 20s, Chicago tells the story of two rival vaudevillian murderesses locked up in Cook County Jail. Nightclub star Velma’s serving time for killing her husband and sister after finding the two in bed together. Driven chorus girl Roxie’s been tossed in the joint for bumping off the lover she’s been cheating on her husband with. Not one to rest on her laurels, Velma enlists the help of prison matron Mama Morton and slickster lawyer Billy Flynn, who turn Velma’s incarceration into a murder-of-the-week media frenzy, thus preparing the world for a splashy showbiz comeback. But Roxie’s got some of her own tricks up her sleeve…

I've never seen the play, but have seen the movie with Catherine Zeta Jones.

5. And finally (Ta Dah!) the newest picture of the tree house before the roof goes on, the boards are in place and ready to install! Grandson Carson is getting pretty excited, as it finally looks like a house!


Have a wonderful Friday. Life is good!  Linking in today with Tanya at Around Roanoke for Willy Nilly Friday 5.  Check out the other entries!  Thanks for hosting.
Around Roanoke

Linda Kay

25 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

The tree house is looking good!

eileeninmd said...

I really like the puzzle and the tree house is looking wonderful! Have a happy weekend!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Yes, life is good. Happy Friday to ya.

John's Island said...

That walruse puzzle is so neat! Nice selection of 5, as always. Have a good weekend.

Romi C said...

All of your photos are wonderful.
Have a great weekend.

Farin Vazquez said...

Wish I had a yard, so I could put a treehouse up :) Memories from living in the country are flooding back, thanks Linda :)

Michelle F said...

I love the mounted pheasant, and that walrus puzzle. It's been over 20 years since I have done a puzzle. They sure have become more realistic. A friend of mine did a beautiful one of fish. I can't imagine taking it apart and putting it away. I think they should become wall hangings.

Thank you for your nice comment about my review.

Today is grocery day. It is a bit cool, but at least it isn't raining today. xoxo

Lin Floyd said...

that tree house is quite the accomplishment...

Anita said...

The puzzle looks interesting.
The house looks inviting :)
have a great time :)

Mike said...

I can't say that I've ever heard of a walrus collector before. Now I can.

Tom said...

Great pheasant mount and the puzzle looks too puzzling to me. You should go in the tree house business. Tom The Backroads traveller

Karen S. said...

That tree house is totally delightful and will be years of fun! Happy Friday to you too!

William Kendall said...

The tree house is coming along nicely!

My uncle has a fondness for jigsaw puzzles. He takes them on, often quite large ones, and keeps at it until he's done.

Gosia k said...

Your pheasant is lovely but the same live in my place. Every season I meet them near my vacation house.

Linda W. said...

Cool tree house! Hey, my hubby and I are from S. Dakota too! The pheasant looks very familiar, as they are all over in that state.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Puzzles drive me crazy! I made the mistake one time of doing a 1000 piece puzzle of a bowl of popcorn. I decoupaged it - no way was I taking that sucker back apart!!

Waiting to see tree house progress!

Rose said...

Wow, tree house looks good. The pheasant is beautiful...even if it is mounted. I am afraid I cannot leave a puzzle alone either...that is why I tend to only work them in winter most of the time.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful Pheasant! I love the looks of that tree house:)

Janie Junebug said...

I love the movie "Chicago." I've never seen it on stage. I wonder if I should mount Willy Dunne Wooters one of these days. If that sounds naughty, I sort of intended it.

Love,
Janie

Shug said...

Great tree house.....BTW, I'm your newest follower... look forward to my daily stops...
Shug

Kay said...

That is a gorgeous bird! I'm getting excited about that tree house. I'm imagining how much my kids would have loved to have had a tree house like that. Wow!

Rory Bore said...

that tree house is looking grand indeed!! Can't wait for the "tree warming!" LOL
I know hunting is not very popular with some, but it's a big part of my family because we do live in the country and most of us farm: hunting does supplement our dinner tables. And pheasant -- is a very tasty addition to the table. and some of my relatives have more than a few stuffed things about! ha

TexWisGirl said...

the tree house is looking AWESOME! and i love picture puzzles, too. when my sis visits, we set them up and talk about life as we fit pieces. :)

Marie said...

The treehouse looks fantastic! And I loved seeing the mounted pheasant. Chicago is one of my favorite musicals, though I have never seen it on stage, just the movie. Hope you have a great week!

Tanya Breese said...

i am so impressed with the treehouse and that puzzle looks fun! is your daughter all moved in? hope you had a super week!! i am sooo sorry it took so long to visit! i have fallen behind in my blogging fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...