Sunday, January 18, 2015

New Writing Opportunity

Just in case you are looking for a writing challenge, I am starting a new link up for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom:

Many blogs have wonderful pictures posted: barns, old junk, abandoned buildings. Often comments will say something to the effect: 'that place could really tell a story'.  My challenge to my blogger friends who like to write is to share a story about a picture you might have. It can also link to other blogs as well. For example, you might post a Good Fences picture, but then write a story that relates to the picture.  You might also have a picture for Rubbish by Roan, and write a story about what you imagine the junk to be in its original state.

Keep the story a bit brief, but share the thoughts and imagination from your personal view of the photo. Here's hoping you can have some fun with this.  I'll be posting a picture story on Wednesday.  The link up will open on Wednesday morning early. Mark your calendar for this week or next and join in.  You'll also be able to link up and see what others have created. The link up is on a separate page on my blog.

Have a blessed Sunday

Linda Kay

19 comments:

Gosia k said...

Wow, great idea. I am going to write because I was thinking a lot about it that one day I should try as you did.

whiteangel said...

That's an interesting things to do..
Have fun.

Jeanne said...

Good morning Linda Kay, Your post is giving me something to think about. I like the idea and now I have to remember a photo to write about. smile!
xo, Jeanne

PS, Thank you for your kind comment on my PS post. There is a hint of red but the camera made it more red than it is. After a couple of days looking at my hair, I like it even more. Most importantly, my hubby likes it. :)

Lin Floyd said...

fun idea...

Gail said...

Wonderful idea and great picture

Rain Trueax said...

It sounds like a great idea, Linda. I will definitely find it interesting to read what others create. Right now I am swamped; so won't be adding to it but maybe one of these days I'll be ahead of the game ;)

Josie Two Shoes said...

This is a fun idea! I so often center my stories around a picture I've found to illustrate the concept I want to communicate. Count me in! :-)

Josie Two Shoes said...

I did a little promo post for this on my blog, hope it meets with your approval. :-)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Sounds like a great idea. I mostly post cartoons to go with my writing. Is a cartoon okay?
Angel

Janie Junebug said...

That's a great idea. I don't get involved in too many projects because of my writing and editing, but that's a good one that I'll consider. I can post a photo of me in a bikini when I was fifteen. Men seem to like it.

Love,
Janie

Mike said...

Most of my short stories are plus or minus one sentence long.

Nonnie said...

Very interesting idea and I will look forward to reading your stories. I found a pic that belonged to my parents that I would love to know why it was taken and what the meaning of it was. I do have a guess about it, but hadn't really thought much about writing it down.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Lovely idea... I do three blogs so I'll wait and have a look this Wednesday.

Big Sky Heidi said...

This is great! I might try writing something when I come up with a picture.

Amy at love made my home said...

There will be some interesting stories I am sure! xx

The Yum List said...

Sounds like a great challenge.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a great idea...I wish you well!

William Kendall said...

That sounds like a good idea!

Kay said...

Aww gee... my brain just drew a blank.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...