Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday Lighthouse - Santorini


There were so many things to write about from our Mediterranean Cruise. One of the most outstanding stops was at Santorini Island near Greece. This picture is from the ship as we were either coming in or going out of the port. Actually the ship had to stay out quite a way from the island and we were shuttled in on smaller boats. There were three ways to get to the top of the island where everything was located, either by donkey, a special bus, or the lifts. Our tour had a bus lined up for the ascent, but we took the lifts back down at the end of the day visit. 

Just for a moment imagine the white houses with their blue roofs and the view from way up on the island down on the ship that looked like a small child's play toy in the blue sea. That was the view we had when we visited the winery with the olive groves.  

The Mediterranean trip was awesome on the Celebrity Cruise ship. I highly recommend it as a fantastic way to see a great section of Europe.

Have a special Saturday and a restful weekend.

Linda Kay

15 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I didn't know you had been in Europe, nice photo of Santorini.

Gosia k said...

I sure it was a great cruise. It is one of the most beautiful part of Europe.. Santorini is well - known ...

eileeninmd said...

A beautiful view of the lighthouse! I would love to visit Greece! Have a happy weekend!

whiteangel said...

My youngest sister in law went there a few years ago. She went up in the lift. It sounds pretty the way you describe it.

Linda W. said...

I love lighthouses! This one looks really neat. Nice photo.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

just the ONE picture? ah! :(

eViL pOp TaRt said...

That's a beautiful vista of a lighthouse, Linda Kay. Santorini is so pretty!

Lin Floyd said...

looks fun, I'm taking my first cruise to Alaska in Aug.

TexWisGirl said...

wow, that's gorgeous!

Mike said...

Surely the Captain of the ship could have gotten you a liiiittle closer to the island for a better look. Maybe is was a good thing he didn't.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful! Greece in general, and Santorini in particular, is a place I yearn to see for myself someday.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Lovely.

Janie Junebug said...

That's a lovely photo. I'd like to go to Greece.

Love,
Janie

Cherdo said...

There's a view that is nearly identical near the harbor at Villefranche. I thought that was it! Beautiful.

Amy at love made my home said...

So beautiful, and what amazing blue sea! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...