Friday, January 23, 2015

Whew It's Friday!

Linking in today with Willy Nilly Friday 5 and Friday Fragments for a quick rundown of my week. Thanks for hosting these memes, ladies!
Around Roanoke

1. Our week started out on Sunday with a very full day. Our choir sang at the 8 AM service, so we were up and about early on. We also had our "Feeding John" day, where families take food from our kitchens out to people who are confined, so we got to visit with Donnie. He is an inspiration, confined to a wheel chair, but still living on his own with a debilitating disease. After a potluck at the church there was a celebration of the 10th anniversary of our Youth Minister, Clint Pluenneke. What an amazing man he is. The program was a toast or roast with lots of pictures of his ministry with children. Not only is he active in the church but has also been involved throughout the community. Here's the Facebook page link.

2. Monday is Bible Study day, currently on a Beth Moore series "Children of the Day". Great group and a fabulous study of Thessalonians. Tuesday is a special morning, working with the Needs Council, then lunch with my writing friends, the Women of Words for some honest critiquing and/or stroking. We even have our own website!

3. Still working on the tree house. Here's the latest picture.  We've started staining it, so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, but rather disguised amongst the trees.


4.  This picture was actually taken on January 10th, when we had some really frosty weather here in the Hill Country. These are the vines that line the sidewalk to my front entrance, and as you can see, they were a bit chilled and icy.  They seem to be fine...no freeze kill for them.


5. And finally, announcing the availability of my new book Sophie Writes a Love Story, the second in the series from the five stages of love.  I think you will find this to be a delightful story of puppy love.  Janie Junebug (Goltz) is my editor (thank you Janie) and her name is inside on the copyright page. The book is available on Kindle (Amazon) and almost all other e-readers. If you'd like a signed copy, please send me an email (in "about me"). Heres' the Amazon link.

Have a blessed weekend, and thanks for stopping by.  I'm so grateful for your comments, and have just surpassed 30,000 hits since the end of May 2014. Blogging is such great fun.

Linda Kay

28 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

The treehouse is looking good.

Tom said...

#1 Busy day, lucky Donnie!
#2 You week sure is busy!
#3 WOW, looking great!
#4 Health ivy!
#5 Congratulations!
Tom The Backroads Traveller

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, Congrats on your new book ... I will check it out knowing what a great writer you are! The tree house is looking good. My spouse is also into Bible Study! :-) Thanks, as always, for sharing and for your kind comments on my blog. John

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Congratulations on your new book!

retired not tired said...

The tree house looks amazing. Congrats on your new book.

Michelle said...

Beth Moore's study is great!
I was able to do it online with her Summer `14.

I enjoy seeing how the treehouse is coming along. Thanks for the updates.

Congratulations on the second book and 30,000 hits!

TexWisGirl said...

congrats on the new book! love the treehouse. just awesome!

Lea said...

Congratulations on your new book!
Thanks for your visit to my blog
Have a wonderful week-end!
Lea

Tabor said...

I have linked you on my blog roll...so perhaps stopping by more often.

Rose said...

So,looks like you have a busy, full life. Looks like that is going to be a nice tree house!

Mike said...

I may have to come down there to help finish that tree house.

Gosia k said...

I would like to read your new book

eileeninmd said...

Hello Linda,

The tree house is coming along nicely.. the stain will look good too. Congrats on your 2nd book! Have a happy weekend!

William Kendall said...

Congratulations on the new book!

Kay said...

Congratulations on your new book, Linda! I do love your treehouse and how did we get to Friday so soon?

Janie Junebug said...

Thank you for including me. I'm thrilled to be a small part in your success.

Love,
Janie

DeniseinVA said...

You had a busy week and how wonderful about your book, congratulations. The tree house is really taking shape.

Amy at love made my home said...

Congratulations on your book!!!!!!!!!!!! How wonderful is that!!!!!!! I hope that everyone loves it and that you sell masses of copies. Definitely the best of your five things!!! xx

Mrs4444 said...

Congrats on your book! I like the cover. I also love the treehouse! It's going to be so much fun!

thanks for linking up :) Have a great weekend!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

I'll have to check out your book.
Don't you just love Janie Junebug?

My ivy does the same way. There is no killing it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Congratulations on your new book! :)

Romi C said...

Congratulations on your new book! It must be exciting.

biebkriebels said...

You worked hard at the treehouse, it looks beautiful, you can live in it now :)

Marie said...

You sound very busy! Love the treehouse! Happy for your new book, and hope you do well with sales!

Cherdo said...

The progress on the tree house makes me feel like I'm eight years old again. If you look out there one day and see a 55 year old bespectacled woman with a big smile on her face, please don't call the police before we chat. I'm harmless.

StarTraci said...

Sounds like a very full week. Have a great weekend.
:-)
Traci

Tanya Breese said...

congrats on your new book, how exciting!! you sure stay busy...love how the tree house is coming along! thank you for linking and wishing you a wonderful day!

Rory Bore said...

Beth Moore has such great studies! And I love her live presentations - she has great sense of humour, and keeps it real.
The tree house is looking amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Congrats on your book! very exciting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...