Linking in today with Willy Nilly Friday 5 and Friday Fragments for a quick rundown of my week. Thanks for hosting these memes, ladies!
1. Our week started out on Sunday with a very full day. Our choir sang at the 8 AM service, so we were up and about early on. We also had our "Feeding John" day, where families take food from our kitchens out to people who are confined, so we got to visit with Donnie. He is an inspiration, confined to a wheel chair, but still living on his own with a debilitating disease. After a potluck at the church there was a celebration of the 10th anniversary of our Youth Minister, Clint Pluenneke. What an amazing man he is. The program was a toast or roast with lots of pictures of his ministry with children. Not only is he active in the church but has also been involved throughout the community. Here's the Facebook page link.
2. Monday is Bible Study day, currently on a Beth Moore series "Children of the Day". Great group and a fabulous study of Thessalonians. Tuesday is a special morning, working with the Needs Council, then lunch with my writing friends, the Women of Words for some honest critiquing and/or stroking. We even have our own website!
3. Still working on the tree house. Here's the latest picture. We've started staining it, so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, but rather disguised amongst the trees.
4. This picture was actually taken on January 10th, when we had some really frosty weather here in the Hill Country. These are the vines that line the sidewalk to my front entrance, and as you can see, they were a bit chilled and icy. They seem to be fine...no freeze kill for them.
5. And finally, announcing the availability of my new book Sophie Writes a Love Story, the second in the series from the five stages of love. I think you will find this to be a delightful story of puppy love. Janie Junebug (Goltz) is my editor (thank you Janie) and her name is inside on the copyright page. The book is available on Kindle (Amazon) and almost all other e-readers. If you'd like a signed copy, please send me an email (in "about me"). Heres' the Amazon link.
Have a blessed weekend, and thanks for stopping by. I'm so grateful for your comments, and have just surpassed 30,000 hits since the end of May 2014. Blogging is such great fun.