Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Story for Wednesday

Thanks to all who stopped by to join in last Wednesday!

Here's hoping some of you might join me in posting a story with a picture for Wednesday Wit and Wisdom.  The challenge is to post a picture, then write a short story or a poem about the picture.  When you have your story written, you can link up for others to read.  Feel free to also add your picture and story to another link of your choice. The link up is on my WWW page here.


Today I want to share with you a series of pictures and a story.


My name is Hans. My wife Gertrude and I live in a little town in the Black Forest in Germany named Titisee. We actually live along the lake near a hotel where tourists come to visit our little town.  Gertrude makes lovely tatted lace and crochets blankets to sell at the shops on the Main Street of town. I am a clock maker. If you look closely at our home, you will see that there is quite a lot of space, more than Gertrude and I need for sure. So we have a bed and breakfast there and invite folks to come short a stay in the Black Forest. Gertrude is a fabulous cook, and she makes fresh breads, muffins, pancakes and also has a variety of homemade jellies and jams. She also serves dinner to folks around six o'clock. There is sure to be a wonderful roast, lots of potatoes and vegetables. These are all fresh from the produce at the market in town, as we don't have enough space for a garden. Our home always has the most wonderful aromas of fresh breads and Gertrude's cooking!

I've been making clocks for sale uptown for all my life. I'm a wood carver, you see. The works are also made here in Germany, and there are a variety of tones, but the Westminster Chimes are the most popular. Here are a couple of my favorites.

Then, when Gertrude and I have a chance to go for a walk around the lake, we enjoy it even when it is raining.

Won't you come to Germany and the Black Forest and join us there? I can assure you there will be a Black Forest Cake or an Apple Cobbler on the menu.

Hope you enjoyed my little story of Hans and Gertrude, and yes, Titisee in the Black Forest is beautiful.

Be sure to link in below with your story!
Linda Kay


13 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

I lived in Bavaria for two and a half years as a military wife when I was in my early 20's. We did do a day trip to the Black Forrest - it is beautiful, like right out of a story book, as is so much of Germany. The food was wonderful, just as you described! And of course I sent home cuckoo clocks and beer steins to my family back in the USA :-) Your post brought back fond memories of a time long ago!

TexWisGirl said...

sure sounded ideal.

Mike said...

I'm coming for the Apple Cobbler.

Kay said...

Oh wonderful! I do love black forest cake. :- )

SuperLux said...

Black Forest! Save me a slice. :D

Gosia k said...

You are definitely talented person

The Yum List said...

Nice to meet Hans and Gertrude. ;-)

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Marvelous clocks!

William Kendall said...

My aunt and uncle have clocks like those in their house- and they all go off at least twice an hour on the hour and the half hour, with some every quarter hour too.

Cherdo said...

I would gladly spend the day with Hans and Gertrude. Sehr gut!

Anita said...

Lovely story & pics, Linda!
Clocks are sweet!
I love Blackforest cake & Blackforest features in my to-visit list :)

Amy at love made my home said...

A great story, and a wonderful description of a B&B that would be great to visit!! xx

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Excellent!!!
As for the Black Forest clocks...they're so intricate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...