Friday, February 6, 2015

Celebrating on Friday

I have not joined Dixie for Celebrate, so I'm joining in today. Thanks for hosting the party!


1.  I'm celebrating that I now have all the forms I need to work on my taxes, at least I think so. I've already completed my daughter and SIL's forms, so now it's our turn. Got the TurboTax program loaded, copied in last year's info, so ready to go. You might remember that I was a CPA in my former life. Probably the real celebration will come when I'm finished with the taxes, provided we don't owe any additional money. This year has gotten more complicated than in the past, but probably not in areas that effect our return.





2. We have traveled to places in Europe with our friends George and Sue on three separate occasions. This picture was taken on our river boat cruise, followed by a driving tour of Germany and Denmark for three weeks. We have a lot in common. They spend January in Tucson AZ every year, near her sister, and they stopped for a visit with us this week.  We had a great time reminiscing and looking at our photo albums. 


3. New Boots! You might remember that hubby and I are taking dancing lessons from our friend Rocky in a class sponsored by the school district. This next Tuesday we start a more advanced class of Texas Two-Step, Cotton-eyed Joe, and a bit of swing. So while out shopping yesterday, we went into a new boot store and I found these. I'm ready to dance! 

After shopping, we went with our friends to see "Black or White" with Kevin Costner. I loved it. There has been a lot of controversy as to whether it was a racist movie, but I found it to be a delightful story. 

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends.  Thanks so much for stopping by and sending me wonderful comments.  It really means a lot to me!

Linda Kay

30 comments:

Patricia said...

Oooh, nice boots. We saw couples dancing the two-step when we visited Texas, and it looks like fun!
And I like a Kevin Costner movie; I'll look out for this one too.
Happy weekend!

eileeninmd said...

I love the new boots, very pretty. Kevin Costner is one of my favorite actors, this movie sounds interesting too. Great post, have a happy weekend!

biebkriebels said...

I love those boots, I have a kind of simulare ones but I have never danced in the streets with them.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Those are great boots. I tend to procrastinate on my taxes dreading possible bad news.

Saucy Kodz said...

I love the acting of Kevin, so will definitely see this one, when it becomes available. I do adore your boots. I would love to buy nice boots, but they are hard to come by in the east. I am just going to have to visit a cowboy town and find some :) TAXES, yep, almost time to do em, but not as complicated as American Taxes, thank God. Song going through my head right now, don't know why "I wish I was in Dixie, hurrah, hurrah" ha,ha - Do they sell cowgirl boots in Dixie? still laughing......

Gosia k said...

At myp place taxes forms are easy so an average person can do it.. What about boots nice but I must start dancing..

Tabor said...

I love cowboy boots and think they are so comfortable. I own two pairs.

TexWisGirl said...

*sigh* tax time... :)

glad you got to spend time with your friends.

Marilyn Parel said...

Lovin' the boots. Can't wait to see the Costner movie.

Betsy Adams said...

Hooray. We got our taxes finished this week --and will get a little money back!!!! That is a good thing. Right??

Love the new boots.. I'm sure you will enjoy dancing in them.

I have never been to Europe --but would love to go there sometime. Right now, we are still enjoying traveling to the beautiful places right here in our own country.

Hugs,
Betsy

John's Island said...

Hi Linda Kay, Great list of things to celebrate. This is my first time to see this as a "link up" topic ... I like it! I'm all set with TurboTax ... it's just a matter of finding the courage to say *this is the day*. The boots are cool. I do want to see that movie! Have a great weekend. John

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Cant' get past those boots!!!! Gotta love 'em. Just think, if you get a tax return your can RETURN and get more to dance in when an new dance step is in the horizon!!! Yay.

Michelle F said...

Hubby plans to do our Turbo Tax this weekend.
Hoping we get money back, instead of them.

I would love to spend three weeks in Germany and Denmark.
I would also like to go to Israel & Italy.

I love your new boots!
I tried dance classes once.
I just couldn't get into the swing of things :)

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Linda Kay - I don't host "Celebrate the Small things." Lexa Cain does. Her name is listed in the top part of my post. But I'm so glad you joined. We have a lot of fun.

Do they have cowboy boots in "Dixie" ? You bet'cha!

Mike said...

I'm getting ready to send my taxes down to you so you can get them done early but you forgot to put your address in this post!

Lexa Cain said...

Hi Linda Kay! Welcome to the Celebrate blog hop!

How great to have friends to vacation and sightsee with. Your new boots are gorgeous! I love Cotton-eyed Joe - have a great time with the two-step and swing, and good luck with the taxes.

Rebecca said...

I am so thankful my husband does my taxes.

Cute boots.

I don't really like Kevin Costner in movies. He's so the same in all of them.

William Kendall said...

Those boots are looking quite fancy.

I like Costner's work, mostly. My favourite is his role in For Love Of The Game.

Mage said...

What a delightful post. Delightful boots too. Hugs.

DeniseinVA said...

We bought our turbo tax too and I am coveting your new boots :) Great post and another enjoyable read.

Anvilcloud said...

Love the boots. I have a pair mouldering in the basement from my days of line dancing a few years ago. My dancing days are done due to foot problems, but I had fun while it lasted.

Far Side of Fifty said...

In this area anyone that used Turbo Tax to file was hacked, it is quite a mess this year. I still don't have all our forms:( Those are cute boots I hope they are comfy:)

Lin Floyd said...

love your boots, i'm starting a country line dance next week...

Anita said...

May the celebrations & party continue :)
Boot looks lovely!

whiteangel said...

The dancing sound interesting.
Those boots - for dancing! Oh my.

The Yum List said...

Why is tax sooooo complicated?!

Amy at love made my home said...

Cool boots!! Hope you enjoy your dancing. Hope the taxes go OK too! xx

L.G. Keltner said...

Visiting with friends is always nice. I hope you're having a great weekend!

Cynthia said...

Those are snazzy boots and I know you will dance well in them! This will be my first year of doing my own taxes. I'm scared to death!

lorilmaclaughlin.com said...

I haven't gotten to my taxes yet. I'm procrastinating (as usual). Yay for visiting with friends! Have fun steppin' out in those boots. Happy weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...