Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Good Random Fun

Weekends are always busy for my hubby and me. But we had a pretty restful day on Sunday after church and Sunday School.  We have a great SS class going right now with other couples, most of them younger. Enjoyed the football game, especially half time and the commercials.

Good:
You might remember that we were going to see the play 'Chicago' at the Majestic Theater in San Antonio on Friday. Usually there is not a single person in the cast you would recognize. But in Friday's performance John O'Hurley played the part of Billy Flynn, the lawyer for Roxie Hart. Remember John?  You see him on many commercials, but he is most recognized for his role as J. Peterman on "Seinfeld" back in the day.

He did a great job in the play, but it was really fun to see this recognizable face.  The musical was fantastic, the most amazing choreography. Be sure it see it if it comes your way!

Random:
As I was looking at some jackets in the stores recently, I noticed there was a lot of "bling" on the jackets. In my jewelry box are a number of pins that I never wear because it just doesn't seem to be in style anymore. However, I decided to pin some of these to a denim jacket for fun. It's been fun to wear it, with lots of folks asking me about the pins. Only a couple of them have real significance.

The tiny shoes on the left in the picture were worn by my husband's mother when she was a child, purchased from the Sioux in South Dakota. The bottom right was a gift from my only living aunt. The angel above it was given to me one Christmas by my staff at the bank one year. It has some charms for keys, a table, a phone, a calculator, and a bag of money. The flag is sparkly with diamonds rhinestones.

The Fun:
I really do enjoy helping my children with projects.  We have the tree house project going, and we successfully completed putting the roof boards and the tar paper on the roof before it rained. Big accomplishment! Then on Saturday we went to my daughter Angel's to help her paint her kitchen.  Angel has lived in an apartment for a long time, but now has a house rented. The kitchen was painted sort of a mustard color with red on the soffits in the kitchen!

At the top right of the picture you can see that we were covering the red with a medium blue. The rest of the kitchen, off to the right is painted a lighter blue. She was so excited when it was all finished. The whole kitchen was much brighter and warmer. We took this selfie to share with ya!


No makeup, hair in a mess, but having a fun time together.  By the time we got home, after swinging a hammer on the tree house, and painting with a brush and roller, I thought my arm would literally fall off. Just a little harder to do stuff these days! Don't you love my painter's cap? Sorry about the reflection in the glasses. Linking in today with Good Random Fun. Thanks for hosting, Tamar!


Have a special Monday

Linda Kay

29 comments:

Gosia k said...

Linda you look nice as a painter. So your creativity was used in a different way.Your daughter's kitchen looks so nice. At my place people also prefer bright light colours in the kitchens.

Patricia said...

I love your collection of pins on a jacket, and hope this fad is coming back too, as I also have lots of them which I have not been wearing. Chicago sounds fun; I enjoyed the music and the film. Well done with the painting, you look very happy with your work, and rightly so!

Amy at love made my home said...

Sounds like a great time! I love the bling on your jacket! That is a lot of fun! xx

eileeninmd said...

I am glad you had a great weekend. It is very nice that you help your daughter out with the painting.. I am sure it goes much faster with more people helping.. I love the pins on your jacket. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

That's great bling on the jacket; and the musical sounds incredible.

I like the painter's hat too!

Great day. Today's a Monday. :(

Rebecca said...

You accomplished much more than I di d this weekend. Rebecca

Tabor said...

I have spent lots of time painting children's various houses and apartments and hope those days are behind me!

whiteangel said...

I have to ask - Why would you watch commercials/adds on the TV! Has me puzzled, is there something special about them?

Lin Floyd said...

you've been busy, I've noticed lots of costume jewelry made in china in stores recently...lol!

Anvilcloud said...

Nice, newsy, pleasant post.

The Armchair Squid said...

I love J. Peterman! It's always good to see screen actors getting stage work. It speaks volumes of their skills.

TexWisGirl said...

you make a great contractor! :) and i think your pins are FUN! :)

Tamar SB said...

How cool to see John O'Hurley in Chicago! When I saw it in NYC we saw Christopher Seiber in that role!
Thanks for linking up!

Shug said...

This is a cute selfie and your daughter is very pretty... I like the Blue! Isn't it amazing what a change in paint can do? You did a great job in blinging up the jacket...It looks very stylish and the best thing is that it has some cherished pins on it. Have a wonderful Monday....

SmilingSally said...

Hi Linda Kay,

You're much like me. We went to SS and then church, and we watched the Super Bowl.

Have a great week!

Cherdo said...

Girl, that paint looks great! The impact of a new coat of paint is amazing.

Like the bling, too!

DeniseinVA said...

This is a fun post Linda Kay. Loved your selfie with daughter.

Revrunner said...

Looks like fun. I just got through repainting my kitchen, too. Must the season. :-)

Mike said...

When you haven't painted in awhile it starts off with 'this isn't so hard' and ends up with 'when is this going to be over!'

Terri B said...

Gosh, do you hire out? I've got two rooms that need painting. :)

Karen S. said...

Sounds like a lot of fun to go along with all your progress!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Would have loved to have seen the play.

William Kendall said...

Your daughter's kitchen is looking in good shape!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful and fun post ~ and photos ~ love the pins on your jacket ~ especially the little shoes!

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

bj said...

How fun the pins are....:)

Friko said...

Av very special weekend with lots of good thing done and lots of fun had.
My kind of weekend!

The Yum List said...

What at a fun post today. I like your 'bling' jacket.

Linda said...

I love your pins, and this is a great post.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Lovin' this post and all the photos. With all the stuff you did over the weekend, I can totally understand the arm falling off. Mine would feel the same, I'm sure.

I DO LOVE the painter's hat by the way. [and the smiles]

Oh, and the denim jacket idea is super!!! What a fun thing. I don't have a denim jacket but I want one now!!!

PS...the link for the last but not least [the link is actually the words self explanatory] is nothing but a countdown to the PREZ leaving office. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...