Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sisterhood


award-sisterhood (1)    Val,  at My Virtual Vineyard, answered 10 questions last week in connection with Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award and nominated me to join in. So I'll give the questions a go. I am electing to not pose 10 more questions to others, however. Thanks, Val!

One of my favorite parts of blogging, is the connection with other bloggers.  Getting to know them, their lives and their thoughts and feelings, and become connected, across the world and honoring and respecting one another.  It’s way better than reality TV and I enjoy reading blogs as much as I enjoy reading novels. Every morning (or later) I travel the world and share in the joys and sorrows of friends.So here are my answers to the questions.  I am happy to share and read what others are sharing.

1.  Talk about your favorite kind of music. I'm not sure I have a favorite kind of music, although I'm kind of drawn to the old music of the 60s and 70s, Johnny Mathis, The Beatles, Elvis, etc. Since I now live in Texas, I'm getting more used to the Country Music. My daughter is in advertising for a country radio station, so I always have it on now when I'm driving. It grows on y'all.

2.  What’s the hardest thing about being you? That's a tough one. I guess it's that I don't say "no" as often as I might, always wanting to help out when someone needs something. This might be a friend, a neighbor, or a child, but I do tend to get myself stressed with too many obligations.

3.  Describe a typical family get-together at your house. There would be food, for sure. The kids have special things they enjoy, so that would be on the fare. We always say a prayer before eating. There would be wine offered and lots of conversation, often getting into a lot of noise, but seldom arguments.

4.  What do you consider your biggest accomplishment so far? My own writing and getting publishing has been a joy, but still my greatest joy was seeing my mother at a book signing at 82, having helped her write her book.

5.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I guess it would be that I would not be so quick to be self-critical. I'm working on it, but am my own worst critic.

6.  If you could spend time with a book character or historical figure, who would it be? In my Sunday School class we are studying a book by Chip Ingram "Good to Great in God's Eyes". Chip indicates that you need to look for good people in your life: a Paul, who is a mentor; a Timothy, who looks up to you; and a Barnabas who shares your ups and downs in confidence. So I would really like to go back to visit with Paul. What an incredible Christian he was, enduring so much tragedy and many challenges in his ministry.

7.  What is your favorite vacation memory? That would have to be our Mediterranean Cruise several years ago, when I saw things in the world I had never expected to see in my life.

8.  What would you like to receive as a present? Kind of depends on who it is from, but generally any item that demonstrates thought and knowing me. Otherwise it's just more 'stuff'.

9. What’s one thing on your bucket list? We would really like to make another trip across the 'pond', this time to England, Wales, and Ireland. I haven't really looked into it as yet, but hopefully in the next year or so.

10.  One thing that few people know about me is . . . . . . .You will have to keep guessing on this one. If I told you, then too many people would know!  ;-)

Linking also to Two Shoes Tuesday with the words You and I. Thanks Val for the nomination!

Linda Kay

34 comments:

Val said...

I so enjoyed getting to know you through the answers to the questions. Thank you for participating. I know we have tons in common. A family gathering at your house sounds like a very good time. I'd love to go back to England, too. It was a great idea sharing this through Josie's link up.

Gosia k said...

linda your answers are interesting> I love Beatles, too

Amy at love made my home said...

Great to read some more about you! xx

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Linda Kay, it was great that you shared these insights into yourself,

Saucy Kodz said...

CAN"T STOP MYSELF FROM SINGING "Getting to know you....getting to know all aboot you....song just popped into me head, while I was reading your answers. Lovely. My Mum always used the word decent. If she had read your answers, she would have replied - "She sounds like a decent enough lady.".........so, in my Mum's words, I shall say DECENT :)

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Excellent post. Super answers. You gave them all a lot of thought and answered them truthfully. That I like!!!

eileeninmd said...

Good Morning, great answers and post.. I would love to cruise the Mediterranean. And Ireland is on my bucket list too.. It is nice to learn more about you! Have a happy day!

Karen S. said...

She Was Just Seventeen... and if you know what I mean ... I like them too! When I grew up my sister played them day and night on her recorder!

John's Island said...

Neat list, Linda Kay. Thumbs up on this post!

Michelle F said...

Hi, Linda Kay!

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today!

I have stayed away from country music, opting for Contemporary Christian. However, as I watched a YouTube video about Garth Brooks I was quite impressed.
There was a woman in the audience who was holding a sign about her having Chemo that morning, and being at a Garth Brooks concert that night.
He gave her his guitar and spoke about our Heavenly Father.
I plan to seek out Garth Brooks music.

I also like the 60's & 70's music. However, where my hubby was into the Beatles, Jimmy Hendrix... I was more into pop.

Your typical family get-together would be mine also, except for the wine. I don't necessarily object, but their are alcoholics on both sides of our family.

That is quite an accomplishment. I can imagine your feelings at your mother's book signing. That's an accomplishment for both of you!

Oh, wow, Linda, I would also enjoy a visit with Paul. I am studying through the New Testament and am presently in the book of Acts. A Mediterranean Cruise would be so fitting!

When you get to Ireland please send back plenty of pictures, since hubby is Irish!

LOL...I like your answer to #10.

Have a blessed day!

Linda said...

Linda, thanks for sharing this! I have never been on a cruise but that Mediterranean cruise sounds like something I would love...I love the sea! :)

TexWisGirl said...

loved the comment about your mother and her book. :)

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely post and you sound like a very blessed person with a loving and creative family ~ especially your Mom ~

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Welcome, friend, to the Sisterhood.
Here's to your future!!

bj said...

A great post...loved getting to know you through your answers. :)

Terri B said...

Thanks for sharing more about yourself. Have a wonderful day!

Betsy Adams said...

Very interesting... I have learned to enjoy Country Music also---after marrying George.. I used to only listen to 'easy listening' music...

Our favorite vacation so far (to me) has been our trip in 2012 to Yellowstone.

My biggest accomplishment SO FAR has been keeping my weight under control now for over 2.5 years!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Mike said...

Couldn't agree more on #8. I don't need more 'stuff'! Unless you're going to buy me a new car. But you'll have to take my old one.

Janice C said...

I love reading other blogs too and getting to learn how others live all over the world. Thanks for sharing your life with us!

Kinley Dane said...

I love that your mom got published and had a book signing in her 80's! That's an accomplishment for you, for sure, that you helped her, and it's also inspiring to those of us wanting to publish a book...that it's never too late!

Romi C said...

I enjoyed reading your answers to Val's thoughtful questions.

William Kendall said...

Very good answers!

There are a handful of country musicians I can listen to. About the only genres of music I can't abide are rap and hip hop.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's always fun to do this and learn more about each other. I lived in Texas for many years and like some country music too. Hubby had a Brad Paisley song going in the car today! Hugs, Diane

Gail said...

Nice learning how similar we are to the "strangers" we meet. Great answers.

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoyed reading this Linda Kay, thank you for sharing it :)

The Yum List said...

This is a tough question: What’s the hardest thing about being you?

ivy walker said...

I answered these too. I really enjoy reading people's answers!

Cherdo said...

The Beatles...returning to the other side of the pong (Europe for me)...we're practically sisters, ha ha.

Loved the question/answer part!

Rory Bore said...

That's one of the best descriptions about blogging I have ever heard: "travel the world and visit friends!" it's so true - I go from Australia, to Singapore, to England, to Boston, NYC and California, to Canada. Maybe that is the great appeal to me, especially since I don't get to travel much anyway!

Ohhhh... I would love to have met Elijah!! Or even Joshua. They just stand out as good, strong men in my mind.
If I picked a literary character, probably Mr Darcy!! ha

Josie Two Shoes said...

This was such a fun read, it made me smile all the way through, especially that last one - very clever skirting of the answer! :-). I so agree with you about the joy of getting to know and share with folks from all over the world, it's amazing! And yes - the best gifts are ones that are meaningful, and not necessarily costing much at all!

Janie Junebug said...

Oh, c'mon. I want to know. Why keep secrets?

Love,
Janie

Rose said...

Smart answer on #10!

Patricia said...

Very nice getting to know you. Though I would like to know your secrets I won't tell you mine. So iteems fair that you keep yours.

AuraOfThoughts MeenalSonal said...

Loved reading the facts about you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...